X2 4400 or 4000+ SD???

Guest nomad_merged

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont bother talking about speeds that arent stable, its dropping at 2400(220x11) 4xldt 1.44v 1:1 core 0 is the runt of the 2

If 470hpGS400 said he can boot into windows @3Gz and is inching past 2.9, 3ghz is worth talking about. In my experience if you slowly work a chip you can nudge it in the direction.

• 5 weeks later...

My story turned out quite well I say.

I got an X2 4400+ (date code/stepping in sig) and had it running 2750Mhz in an hour. Removed IHS and got another 80Mhz. After final tweaking and so on got it to 2850Mhz. I only Primed it for 8 hours so far so I will have to give it the full 14-16 hours but I think it will do it.

Also tried the beta 8x.xx Nvidia Forceware drivers and got 350 3Dmarks in '05. So looks like they do have some dual core optimizations they are working on. All in all, I am super happy with the X2:)

Removes heat allot faster. Thus needing less voltage. Meaning you can add more and still reduce temps. But be forwarned, I killed my FX-53. Chipped the core the tiniest little bit and screwed.

It chipped where the memory controller was and did all kinds of weird stuff that I couldnt pin down. Then I finally got so frustrated I checked the core and shure enough, it was cracked.

I will never use anything but watercooling on a naked core again. it is the only way I see gains big enough to justify the risk. And the wierd thing I find is removing the IHS isnt the risk. It is getting the waterblock or heatsynk on properly without damaging anything.

hey nomad! finally took the plung eh? :>

Got my 4400+ last week as we discussed - my FX-53 pooped out on me aswell!!- I dont know what happened - All I did was change cases (hence had to reseat CPU) and ever since the FX-53 refused to overclock (works fine at stock).

My 4400+ is currently running 250x10 @ 1.39v! - Thats more than two FX-53's!!! so i'm well happy with that....

I could probably oc it more but I am taking a lesson learnt, taking it easy and defo not removing the IHS as i'm sure I damaged the core a tad hence no more overclocking on my FX-53. Saying that it doesnt really matter - gunna put it into a shuttle - gots me old fx-53/x800-xt waiting till next payday 2.4's not bad in a shuttle!.

Let me know how your overclocking endeavours go - its interesting - I couldnt get it stable over 220x11 - but after dropping to the x10 multi it works perfectly fine - Primed on both cores for 5 solid hours no probs @2.5......:)

Right on Zoomee!! These things fly dont they!!

I love it. I have never been this happy with a system. All I got left is 2x1G of Ballaistix and done. I think I am going to back off my OC as well. Keep it around 2.8 Ghz and back off the voltage altittle as well. I was 8 hours stable at 2.87Ghz with 1.66v then it went down to 2.85ghz for no reason. So I think I will take it easy on her and back off. I think it was trying to tell me something :)

Well let me know how your chip treats you :)

Nomad ;)

my gosh! 2850!!! - thats two FX-57's mate! lol....I dont think i'll tinker with mine just yet until I replace the RAM too - 2.5 is kk for moi.

Keep us posted on your final results mate - THEN - i'll push mine a liccle more - lol! :)

1.66V!!!! - thats a tad high for a toledo aint it? taking into account they are 1.3v @ stock....

Made sure to do my research first about voltage. Talked to a couple of people that run 1.7v for testing. Seems as though the max accepted for water (which I have seen allot of people run) is 1.65v.

Also I hit 38c at dual prime load for hours. My FX-53 would be hovering around 45-46c with the exact same water system and 1.68v. Whatever they did to these X2's to keep them running so cool, they should keep it up!!

And let me tell you, with an X2 running at these clocks I dont think a single core is better at gaming!! It is ripping fast :drool:

Later Zoom