Sign in to follow this  
Fungi2003

NF4 ULTRA-D> final specs...

Ok, finally came up with the final specs of my pc, details are in the sig. Any comments , words of wisdom, criticism would be great.

why the 7800gtx on only a 19" lcd w/ 1280x1024...

The 7800 GTX I am going to get has Dual DVI, I intend to purchase another 913B later on down the track.

Are u sure about the 19in. They run the same resolution at the 17s.

I would suggest that u get the dell 20.1 inch widescreen, 2005fpw. When they go on sale you can get them for as low as 380. Im waiting for their next sale on them. From what ive seen and read, they have no problems when gaming and very few of them have dead pixels.

Just go to a local computer store and try out all the mouses. Personally i use the logitech mx510 and would highly reccoment it.

Ok, finally came up with the final specs of my pc, details are in the sig. Any comments , words of wisdom, criticism would be great.

Looks solid to me, just watch those case temps closely when you have that many harddrives installed.

Looks solid to me, just watch those case temps closely when you have that many harddrives installed.

I'm looking at installing an additional two 80mm fans to cool the hard drives (case provides space at the front of the two drive bays for this), do you think this will keep case temps at a minimum?

To be honest with you I don't really think it will.

I'm looking at getting a wireless keyboard and mouse (the wife hates wires for some reason), although, I'm not too sure if a wireless keyboard/mouse will work well with gaming, or will it? Is there a wireless mouse/keyboard configuration I could purchase that would suite gaming as well as general desktop use?

I'm looking at getting a wireless keyboard and mouse (the wife hates wires for some reason), although, I'm not too sure if a wireless keyboard/mouse will work well with gaming, or will it? Is there a wireless mouse/keyboard configuration I could purchase that would suite gaming as well as general desktop use?

I would NEVER use a wireless keyboard/mouse for gaming. I play too competitively for some battry to go dead, or my pacemaker set off the reception of the mouse and make it go crazy (only a joke, I don't have a pacemaker).

It would be my dumb luck that my mouse or keyboard would F*** up the very moment I was going to make the winning frag or something. I know it sounds VERY far-fetched, I've just found awesome alternatives, that I know absolutely CAN NOT have the same possible problems that a wireless combo could potentially give you.

This keyboard (click on the picture for a link to Newegg):

keyboard.jpg

This mouse:

green.jpg

Or to be cool, get this one:

blue.jpg