Ceramique vs AS5

VenuS

I have AS5 and Ceramique. I use AS5 for my CPU and the Ceramique for other things like Chipset and GPU cooling with it having no capacative qualities like Arctic Silver.

Temperature wise AS5 is slightly better but it doesn't last as long as Ceramique and so needs reapplying more frequently.

Another fact is that Ceramique is easier to apply than AS5...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Blooz1

I started using Ceramique for the same reasons as Shinobi on chipsets, etc., but now I use it for everything.

"Cures" faster, doesn't need to be re-applied, and it's easier to clean off (or up!)

meh, i am still on ceramique and I have some as5 but I still have never used it.

Just redid my pentium mobo / cpu yesterday and used Ceramique after reading this thread. thx I dont plan on ever doing that again and I saw where the Silver tended to need re-applying and that was the end of that.

I think I will be testing some of the mystery pastes I have with an old 486/micro once I get all my current build into a case.

bump.

yeah and really I'd like to know....

I never knew that you had to reapply AS5 wtf !?! :confused: . why would anyone want it then (retorical question)... I'd rather take a two degree hit and use ceramque' "set it and forget it"

I hope this is only a rumor or something that has no grounds because of the fact that only have to replace it but after 10 years...

some one clear this up right quick thank you much.

~Mark

bump.

yeah and really I'd like to know....

I never knew that you had to reapply AS5 wtf !?! :confused: . why would anyone want it then (retorical question)... I'd rather take a two degree hit and use ceramque' "set it and forget it"

I hope this is only a rumor or something that has no grounds because of the fact that only have to replace it but after 10 years...

some one clear this up right quick thank you much.

~Mark

If you are doing heavy over-clocking, or anything producing high CPU temps,

then AS5 may need reapplication every 1 to 2 yrs. ASC never requires reapplication.

I concur what loc.o said:

Ceramique should use for negative cool below 0C.

AS5 is much better for heat transfer more than 30C. BTW, most of us will replace our stuff in a few years anyway, so we're gonna re-apply AS5. :shake:

Just my 2cents.

Regards.

Lol I just replace my 4 months winnie with venice... :sweat:

I concur what loc.o said:

Ceramique should use for negative cool below 0C.

AS5 is much better for heat transfer more than 30C. BTW, most of us will replace our stuff in a few years anyway, so we're gonna re-apply AS5. :shake:

Just my 2cents.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...
1 or 2 years? No worry I will have a new computer by that time. :shake:

Theres no way i'd leave my heatsink on for 1 or 2 years without removing it and cleaning it at least a couple of times. Get some serious dust build up in 6 months never mind 2 years :D

If your not overclocking then fair enough but all the overclockers i've known have cleaned out their heatsinks and reapplied their AS5 fairly regular, at least once every 6 months.