A Tale of Two Sistahs

Some of you already know I've been without a properly working DFI NF2 for about 2 mos,about 3 months ago I got a deal on a Ultra Infinity,xp-m2600 0351 and a slk 947u,I was interested in a good back up and being able to test out some differences in OCing.

The UI when I received it had a FSB that was locked at 135,the seller offered to buy it back,but wouldn't have the money for a month,for anyone interested the thread on what I tried to get it going is here,

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...&highlight=saga

In the meantime the other Sistah,my LP b came down w/the same sickness out of the blue one day,AG generously offered to take a look at it,but being as busy as he is it took a little while.

I got the LP b back from him a couple days ago in the same condition I sent it to him,he tried his bios chip in it,but it was corrupted instantly and I was told I could just RMA it.

I was getting ready to send the UI back to the seller when I remebered that I hadn't tried one last idea,I was thinking wire mods had been used on both MB's and maybe something was stuck inside the Zif socket locking the FSB,so I popped the top off and looked inside,seeing nothing there I resigned myself to getting it ready to ship,the bios needed to be hotflashed as it was corrupted,so I put the chip in I had got from Tmod w/the LP b 6/19 bios on it.

She booted right up and just for the heck of it I tried to adjust the FSB,miraculously the problem had been fixed,so while I was installing an OS on her,I thought I'd try the same thing on the LP b,unbelievably the Zif socket top popping trick fixed it also.

I don't fully understand the how or why,there was nothing inside either Zif socket,maybe it just realigned the pins,I'm just glad my girls are back in business

Shinobi told me that he was pretty sure that some feathers from playah's hat began shedding. You know he never takes the dang hat off. Musta fallen in while he was doing some close up inspecting.