Sign in to follow this  
robo989

Warranty VOID? (Thermal paste in cpu socket)

bump?

DFI support?

RMA to DFI?

Does this not annoy you since DFI's name is beinf dragged through the mud on account of Overclockers UKs total incompetence.

:confused:

bump?

DFI support?

RMA to DFI?

Does this not annoy you since DFI's name is beinf dragged through the mud on account of Overclockers UKs total incompetence.

:confused:

Did, you send the info requested by dulldog to him? He works tech support for DFI - Europe.

VERY OFFTOPIC....

LOL AHAHAHAHA. that my friend, is awesome. how do i put a single post link in my sig.

LOL

heh, thanks.. Look here for some more. http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18242

Some people really DONT have a clue with warrenty, as that thread I linked to shows..

This is a different case tho, and I hope he gets it sorted. Personally I wouldnt touch water cooling, Vapochill, etc due to risk of leakage and corrosion, is just way too much for me to take.. I have been personally looking at this for my next cooling solution (still on lame old stock cooling) http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-blc-215.html

Moral of this story is:-

Don't buy anything from "overclockers .uk" just read the reviews from other buyers who have tried to return faulty items. The lists are endless. They gladly take your cash in the first instance but when anything goes pear shaped you're on your own. Problem is many people cant be bother to read buyers reviews, and O/Cers are not the only ones out there with a crap service.

hayjay

Cyntrawl is right. A warranty as much as I think they are abused are there to protect the company from being ripped off, to make them money and lastly to provide you the consumer with some protection (because they were forced to by law and market demand).

Putting anything on the pins of a CPU or it's socket may not be significant in terms of the problem. But in terms of the warranty well it may mean you voided it.

Now just because the warranty doesn't specifically say thermal paste is irrelevant. They can't write a warranty to cover every thing a consumer might do.

You know this is the first rig I have built completely from scratch. I didn't make any modifications for months so that I could make sure my components all worked. If I started modding things from day one and they failed how would I know what caused it? You would never be able to know with 100% certainty.

Moral of this story is:-

Don't buy anything from "overclockers .uk" just read the reviews from other buyers who have tried to return faulty items. The lists are endless. They gladly take your cash in the first instance but when anything goes pear shaped you're on your own. Problem is many people cant be bother to read buyers reviews, and O/Cers are not the only ones out there with a crap service.

hayjay

One can only hope that someone from overclockers.uk are on this forum reading this... Companies with no after sales service deserve to go out of business and thier owners end up with a lifetime of debt..

Yes, I have uses a -2 bios on it?

Is that a problem?

I use ballistix ram and people have said that I should not use -3 bios with the board as ballistix is rubbish with it...

I didn't really see mucn of a choice its defo got one of the 623 bios on it, which is the latest official right?

Pretty sure its a -2 but it could very well be a -3 or maybe a -1...

anyway hope thats ok :(