Video card fun, just added an Zalman vf700-AlCu

Perhaps the cards are slightly different.

I used the inside mounting holes on the upper fan mounting bracket and the screws lined up perfectly ok for me.

Just took this and looks like Idle temps are about the same. ( beat the hades out if what i started with.) asofnow7de.jpg

I went from 400 /490 to a 419/549 stable OC on the card just for kicks but its off for now. Max I went on the card was 441 / 553 but it flaked out and artifacted fairly quickly in that upper end. Temps in 65/69 range I havent had it over 70 really and dont plan to.

I am going to use the ramsink / epoxy mod once I figure out what epoxy they are all useing. The tape /tim pad on the mini heatsinks, just didnt impress me and I think I can squeeze another 20 to 30 from the memory if I do.

EDIT Don't think i mentioned it "ATITool 0.24" i what I have installed. It is porting temps to mbm5 also. :)

Props to sound & the mbm5 thread :)

Perhaps the cards are slightly different.

I used the inside mounting holes on the upper fan mounting bracket and the screws lined up perfectly ok for me.

Lining up was never a problem. I used the same holes you did, but the screws they provided were to large for the bracket that was part of fan assembly.