Driver Cleaner Files

Hmmm weird i'm sure thats how i did it.... I definitely copied it from a floppy, i still have it on there from then.

You could always use Knoppix instead.

Download it and burn it to CD, boot from it (type knoppix toram at the prompt when it first boots or it will run really slow) then once in the OS copy it from the Floppy to the System32/Drivers folder.

Knoppix is a Live Boot CD based on Debian Linux, once it boots its just like a normal Operating System but runs from CD. A very useful disc to have.

EDIT: Try typing this in the Recovery Console.

set AllowRemovableMedia = TRUE

• 9 months later...

Thank-you SHinobi. Using this information and a USB key ( i dont have a floppy driev on my other system) I was able to get past this. Why does Nvidia give false information about uninstalling needed drivers?

Try this. Don't change to A: just type

Copy A:nvcchflt.sys C:WINDOWSSystem32Drivers

• 8 months later...

Hey for some reason I can't download this zip file (containing the nvcchflt.sys drivers). I am registered on diy-street.com and have tried both Firefox and IE7. Hmmm...

Is there anyway you could maybe email me this zip file? Im S.O.L. without it !

Thanks in advance, my email is [email protected]

Thank you!

Hey for some reason I can't download this zip file (containing the nvcchflt.sys drivers). I am registered on diy-street.com and have tried both Firefox and IE7. Hmmm...

Thank you!

I don't know but you should make a new thread and ask the question with a suitable title. You have tagged on to an old Thread with a misleading title to your question. No one will notice it. Good luck and try search also.

Edit:

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce3_winxp_5.11

Don't know what your OS is but here is nvidia link for nf3 drivers for xp.

My guess is you are still going to need that nvcchflt.sys. Keep asking around here, I know they have it.

I obtained the file by downloading an installer from the nvidia driver archive - version 6.53 seemed to be the only one containing the file - and installing it on another computer (that wasn't nvidia) and it unpacked the files into the NVIDIA directory before failing.

I then searched for the nvcchflt.sys file and copied the one from the idewinxp directory to a floppy disk.

Then run windows recovery console by booting from the original windows installation CD

and then copying from the floppy to the drivers directory (while in the drivers directory: copy a:nvcchflt.sys c: )

Actually finding a floppy disk was a challenge and having two computers with a floppy disk drive was fortunate. I did consider removing my hard disk drive and putting it in another machine as a secondary disk if the above failed.

Thank you!

Yo djmac don't post your email address like that, you'll get lots of SPAAMMM :spam:

Use "mac dot harris AT gmail dot com"

Or something :)