Sign in to follow this  
Jay76

Can't get keyboard remote power on to work

Hi, I'm lazy and like to turn on my computer with my infra red keyboard without getting out of bed. :nod: I was pleased to find the option in the bios of my new DFI NF4 board, but cannot get it to work. I normally like to use ctrl & F1 to start the system. :confused:

Is there a jumper I need to change on the motherboard or anything else I need to do?

Cheers

Jamie

Let me know if you get this to work if it is a USB keyboard. I have been trying to find someone with a USB keyboard and remote power-on working, because mine won't.

Thanks guys, I'll try changing that jumper and see how I get on. My keyboard and mouse are the old PS2 type rather than usb. They are just infra red rather than cabled.

Ok, I found 3 jumpers (ps2 power on, USB 1-5 power on & USB 6-10 power on) they were all set at 5v and could be changed to 5vsb. I have moved the ps2 one to 5vsb & nothing has changed. :confused: Is my board faulty or can anyone think of anything else I could try?

Cheers

Jamie

I wish someone at DFI would acknowledge this problem or at least try to replicate it. I have yet to see A_G or RGone address this. All I have heard is, "Well, I don't use that feature."

I found that and I did some testing on my own and I found that it will never work, nor will the USB keyboards or other wireless (rf or infra). This is because the USB port requires power to be able to operate the keyboard and the infra red sensor (or RF) requires a similar amount of power. Only 'dumb' ps/2 keyboards with that direct connection can have that interrupt monitored. If you use the 'sleep' function, power will be reduced and you'll get the same effect.

My keyboard/mouse are the Logitech Freedom combo and with my case, I thought having this function enabled would be nice but it fails to work since the RF receiver doesn't receive it's required power (the LED isn't lit on it so there's no juice to monitor the air waves). HOWEVER, there is hope.

Go to http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/logisys_panel/index.shtml and have a little shufti at that. Should do the trick nicely and it provides some added bling and usefulness. :nod: