Cpu locked at 6x multiplyer, need help

I have an Athlon Mobile 2600+ cpu which is 2Ghz default speed and a DFI ultra infinity which i had been using for a couple of days without incident. But today when i checked my computer to see my cpu speed it said 1.2ghz instead of the 2.3Ghz that it had been at for several days. I didn't change a thing on the board, i didn't install any programs, i havn't done anything and now i cant seem to get my cpu past 1.2Ghz unless i raise the FSB. After further investigation it appears that for some reason, my cpu multiplyer is locked in at 6x and changing the multiplyer in the bios doesn't effect it. I've since tried flashing the bios with different versions, i took the cpu out, cleaned it and reseated it with no luck. It's locked in at 6x multiplyer. I've had the cpu for almost close to a year now and have had no problems with it in my Asus A7n8x deluxe board. But now after a couple days in my DFI Ultra Infinity it's giving me some problems out of the blue. Does anybody have any ideas as to what might be going on?

System specs:

DFI Ultra Infinity mobo

2x 512 Mushkin pc3200 L2 V2 ram

Leadtek Geforce 6800GT AGP video card 256MB

CDROM

2x WD IDE hard drives

Sound blaster live sound card

Enermax EG495p-VE 2.0 power supply

CPU is water cooled

You might want to list detailed settings (voltage, frequencies and etc.) that you were using prior to such taking place.

Also, you have water cooling..? Did you have any leakage onto the CPU or Mobo? How much voltage were you feeding to the CPU and for how long? Did you use any form of wire mod tricks in the socket and/or mod the CPU in any way? What type of TIM (thermal interface material) are/were you using? A few questions that might help steer you in a direction you have yet to look into??

Well for starters check to make sure you've got the jumpers set correctly. Cmos jumper should be in the 1-2 position(just in case you've not put it back properly properly, its easy to do). Also check to see the Cmos Battery is fine(look in the bios under vbatt).

6x multiplier is what mobiles default to in these desktops.

Thanks for the help all. I tested the cpu in my asus board and it worked just fine. Seems its a problem with my DFI board. Must've gotten a real crappy board cause not only does the cpu not work right in it, i also have warm and cold boot problems out the wazoo. Luckily DFI is really good with RMA's. They're sending me out a new board first so thats cool. Anyways, lets hope the new one is better.