Gskill GH is not good as i expected

xs64

Hi guys !

I have just bought 2 stick Gskill GH 2x512Mb UTT BH5

Ok , the problem is that this stupid Ram seems dont like to oc over 250Mhz , the max bus i can reach is 250 with 3.5v , but it is not stable , and higher volt is not help anymore , i tried Yelloew and Orange but still same

--> OMFG !!! Gskill is s*ck , i have 2 sticks of OCZ VX PC3200 2x512Mb and it can easily reach 260 3.5v stable , and my old school BH5 Mushkin LII 2x256Mb is stable like rock @ 270 3.6v

I'm using Bios 702-2 which is the stable for my OCZ and Mushkin , but Gskill

Anyone can give me some advice to oc more , i'm very dissapiont about Gskill UTT BH5 , i will never never never buy any Gskill more :mad: bye bye Gskill --> the worst BH5 i ever have

Hi guys !

I have just bought 2 stick Gskill GH 2x512Mb UTT BH5

Ok , the problem is that this stupid Ram seems dont like to oc over 250Mhz , the max bus i can reach is 250 with 3.5v , but it is not stable , and higher volt is not help anymore , i tried Yelloew and Orange but still same

--> OMFG !!! Gskill is s*ck , i have 2 sticks of OCZ VX PC3200 2x512Mb and it can easily reach 260 3.5v stable , and my old school BH5 Mushkin LII 2x256Mb is stable like rock @ 270 3.6v

I'm using Bios 702-2 which is the stable for my OCZ and Mushkin , but Gskill

Anyone can give me some advice to oc more , i'm very dissapiont about Gskill UTT BH5 , i will never never never buy any Gskill more :mad: bye bye Gskill --> the worst BH5 i ever have

2x512MB OC harder than 2x256MB :) so normal with G.Skill and good OCZ... I've just got 2x512MB Mushkin LVII ;)

2x512MB OC harder than 2x256MB :) so normal with G.Skill and good OCZ... I've just got 2x512MB Mushkin LVII ;)

i knew that ! But OCZ VX 2x512Mb oc like piece of cake

The only thing in my mind is Gskill makes the worst BH5 chip than others , i will soon sell this suking ram and keep the OCZ . Later i will buy Mushkin Redline , never Gskill again

and my old school BH5 Mushkin LII 2x256Mb is stable like rock @ 270 3.6v

Yes, as expected 2x256MB will always clock higher than 2x512, lets compare apples to apples here.

I think 250 is very good for UTT, run memtest and adjust some of the advanced timings to improve stability.

Yes, as expected 2x256MB will always clock higher than 2x512, lets compare apples to apples here.

I think 250 is very good for UTT, run memtest and adjust some of the advanced timings to improve stability.

250@2-2-2-5 is Very good ? ! I wanna break 280 with my Corsair UTT BH-5... For now Can do @ 2.77 ;)

250@2-2-2-5 is Very good ? ! I wanna break 280 with my Corsair UTT BH-5... For now Can do @ 2.77 ;)

Is your Corsiar UTT 2x512 or 2x256 ?? I have never seen 2x512 Corsair reach 277Mhz :shake:

2-2-2-5 at 250 and you are complaining.....??? Try another BIOS if you must get every last ounce of Mhz out of the RAM.

Afterall we all know that each system is diff and I've seen first hand my OC changes a lot depending on which BIOS I am running.

2-2-2-5 at 250 and you are complaining.....??? Try another BIOS if you must get every last ounce of Mhz out of the RAM.

Afterall we all know that each system is diff and I've seen first hand my OC changes a lot depending on which BIOS I am running.

I dont complain about the speed , 2x512Mbs @ 250Mhz is faster than 2x256Mbs @ 260Mhz in most applications . But the point is these Gskill ram eat alot of volt than other Ram i have here , my OCZ eat only 3.4v at 250 ( 2x512Mbs too ) .

And in all the review site i read , the Gskill GH need only 3.2 or 3.3v at 250Mhz , so my Gskill is suck , unlucky for me .

And if we talk about oc here , there is a wall at 250Mhz , i can not oc more than 250Mhz with any Bios , timings , slots , volts ..... just simply because my Ram suck