Doom 3 Requirements

justinal

I know noone knows but just take a guess on some minimum requirements might be. What is the first things i need to do to upgrade my system the biggest probs ive got that i have to upgrade before doom 3 comes out is my 128mb of pc133 and my geforce3 ti200 but like what is a good speed ram to get and i think im just going to get like a 9800 pro when the new ati card comes out. any suggestions would help thanx justin

amd 2100+ @ 2.13ghz (2800+)

chieftech server case (the 1 everyone has)

v7+ 39 idle 42 load

3 led fans 10 leds installed by me

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey:

You know the big killer is your card!!!!! The memory will help sure but it's the card man. You CPU is nice enough..... So are you waiting for the next ATI card after the 9800Pro or are you going for the pro when the next one comes out and the pro gets a little cheaper?

ya im going to get the pro but im going to wait til a new ati card comes out where the 9800 pro drops in price a little more i know my vc needs some work what speed memory do i need? i think i forgot to sayi had a asus a7n8x deluxe mobo.

800mhz min, 1.4ghz recomended

256mb min, 512mb recomended

dx8 card such as the geforce 3/4 min with 64mb or better, dx9 based radeon 9x00 or geforce fx with 128mb or better

sound

win2k or better (sorry 98 folks it's over)

2gb of hdd space

it's a beast of a game

crap....not as muchs as i expected...my 933mhz might be able to handle it on lower settings....its got 512mb pc133

933mhz p3

geforce3Ti200 (128mb) (i have 2 of these cards lol.)

hurcules fortissimoIII 7.1 sound

52x Samsung CD-ROM

It sounds like it's going to be released on DVD and then cdrom

YOUR SHITTING ME??? dude what the hell is this game?

well i might have to switch out my dvd rom drive to install it as i want to run a server on my 933 mhz if it will run it.

so much for burning it because i dont know very many people that have a dvd rw drive. :ph34r:

This could well be true, the Alpha is only 3 levels and almost 1.07GB so christ knows what the full game will be, and to think the original was on floppies :blink:

you still have a floppy drive?

anyway, it's not like a DVD burner is even a prefect solution. A blank DVD for a burner is only 4.7gb (really closer to 4.5 in practice), while a stamped production DVD is capable of being 6.5gb!

btw: it would be 3343 floppies at the least and 4623 at the most.