Sign in to follow this  
Oldfaht

Riddle me this......

MY Beta Breath Bruthren.

How the hale did my onboard sound get disabled on my LPB rig......When I haven't been into the bios in months?

Went to play a CD last night and WTF? The media player(s) wouldn't recognize either of my CD-ROMS. Hadn't played anything on this rig in a while and had the vol. turned way down as I don't like Winders beeping at me all the time, so I went to up the vol. and Huh? no NvMixer??? went into device mgr. and No nothing there for the Nv Codecs......So begins about 3 hours of trouble shooting drivers, software, etc. I was about to conclude the SoundStorm chip was dorked and was contemplating disassembly and RMA.......

Then It hit me....why don't you go into the bios and have a look see......Lo and Behold I found the audio unit disabled.......Dang ......But like I said I ain't been in the bios in I can't remember when........

So! What the hale happened?

:confused:

Oldfaht

OUCH!

That's cold, but very possibly true....LOL

Guess the bios should've been the first place to look, but didn't ocurr to me 'till later.

Still, honest to....... I don't recall having any reason to have disabled it myself!

Guess it's just one of those random Personal Confuser Problems :rolleyes:

OF

Doesn't it have something to do with the overclocked settings. Same problem as the 'LAN-Drops' which can occur every now and then. But that was fixed disabling APIC/ACPI. But this problem? Hmmz. Strange. What voltsettings do you use?

LOL!

No, actually it was a cd I pick up second hand..... Beatles Abbey Road....... Talk about your "OLD SCHOOL"!!!!! Been tooling around in the "Wayback Machine" lately... Greatful Dead, Billy Jole, Steely Dan, 60's, 70's, 80's Rock n Roll still gets me smileing and tappin' my toes LOL

Still haven't figured out WHY things changed in the bios but all is well now.....

Later