Are there any ways to update your BIOS without a floppy drive.

Hi, I built my own computer and I am having a few problems and i would like to see if updating my BIOS would help. I don't have a floppy drive on my computer because I had no need for it at the time and I didn't realize the main way to update your BIOS is using a floppy drive. Anyways, is it possible for me to update without a floppy drive?.

Yeah there sure is. Go find the BIOS page its under ovecloking or something and there are DAMN GOOD BOOTABLE BOIS UPDATING ISOS. It is the best. Another problem you might run into if you dont have a floppy is RAID drivers when installing windows.

Guest Paradox

No floppy drive needed, just check this page,

http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/

scroll down to where it says "Clean Bootable CD-Rom (for BIOS upgrade) [updated! may 6, 2005]" and read how to make a bootable ISO which you burn to cd with nero along with your biosfile and biosflashtool and you'r all set. One point of advice, to flash safest its best to copy your flashtool and your biosfile to the ramdrive it creates and from that ramdrive run your flashtool with the desired options. That way you are flashing the safest way.

Gl man!

Guest Paradox

No problem, and the bios update cd seevip talked about is pershoots bioscd but I couldn't use it since it didn't have the 510-2fix bios on it, but I did it via above method and it went smooth as roses.

No floppy drive needed, just check this page,

http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/

scroll down to where it says "Clean Bootable CD-Rom (for BIOS upgrade) [updated! may 6, 2005]" and read how to make a bootable ISO which you burn to cd with nero along with your biosfile and biosflashtool and you'r all set. One point of advice, to flash safest its best to copy your flashtool and your biosfile to the ramdrive it creates and from that ramdrive run your flashtool with the desired options. That way you are flashing the safest way.

Gl man!

How do you copy it to the ram drive?