Sign in to follow this  
DigitalBlade

which bios will work to tune new computer?

Need help to tune my DFI nF4 SLI-D. using a 4000+ and OCZ pc 4000 VX, Bios version currently on mobo is version 06/23/2005/NF-CK804-6A61FD49C-00, want to run tight timmings on this memmory but for some reason i cant. Im not willing to flash just yet as i dont know which bios will allow me to tune the system without damaging any parts. was thinking of trying the 623-2 bios? Also not sure which bios will even boot with a 4000+? Can someone please help.

Guest Dangermouse

I think the 623-2 should work for you, wth that RAM. Oh, and you'll want to make a sig before posting again, or the DFI gods will be angered. :P

I agree, 623-2 seems to be the best universal BIOS out there. For some, other BIOSes may be better but this is a good one to start out with if you don't want to sift through 5 hours of reading. :)

Oh, and you'll want to make a sig before posting again, or the DFI gods will be angered. :P

:nod:

DigitalBlade.. Please be sure to read the forum rules .. Since you didnt make a sig from the start im sure you didnt read them..

hi hopefully what i put into my signature will help as im so very new at this computer tunning. please be patient. can anyone direct me to proper flashing guides as i have not flashed a motherboard in awhile? also im still not sure exactly which bios is currently running on my mobo as i had to get a computer shop to flash it because it woudnt even post with original bios and the 4000+ cpu

hi hopefully what i put into my signature will help as im so very new at this computer tunning. please be patient.

We have patience.. But you dont have to be a pro tweaker to read the rules.. ;)

can anyone direct me to proper flashing guides as i have not flashed a motherboard in awhile?

Check this out..

DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-D version 6.00 bios

Thats not your bios version.. When you see the post screen look at the bottom left of the screen.. The date that you see there is your bios revision..

well i understand no one can really help me untill they know my rig specs are and what i want to do so if i make a simple mistake of which part of the screen to look at for this rigs bios ohh well no need to to rub my nose in it everyone makes mistakes life goes on

Trying the 310 bios and cant seem to find the increased voltage table up to 4 volts. the 310 will boot to windows but if i turn timmings down the computer wont boot. Im begining to think im just wasting my time. honestly does this computer even have a chance to run tight timmings? Dam why by the good parts if they wont perform. Why do things have to be so complicated, please could someone help me?

try bios 510-2FIX (06-23-05) and have a look at me settings if ya like. Before you can use over 3,2v on ram youve got to move the jumper and run cpu vid on any but auto.

well i understand no one can really help me untill they know my rig specs are and what i want to do so if i make a simple mistake of which part of the screen to look at for this rigs bios ohh well no need to to rub my nose in it everyone makes mistakes life goes on

I wasnt rubbing your nose in anything.. Just pointing out you didnt have the bios version listed right..

Trying the 310 bios and cant seem to find the increased voltage table up to 4 volts. the 310 will boot to windows but if i turn timmings down the computer wont boot. Im begining to think im just wasting my time. honestly does this computer even have a chance to run tight timmings? Dam why by the good parts if they wont perform. Why do things have to be so complicated, please could someone help me?

You should be using bios 510 or newer to fully support your revE cpu..

I suggest using the "official 623" this way your not messing with beta bios' just yet..If you already burned a cd with pershoots cd image then this bios should be in there also..

Your VX ram will need 3.3vdimm to run its rated speeds..

CL 2-3-3-8 at 2.6V(400MHz)

CL 2-2-2-8 at 3.3V(500MHz) (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)

^^ Straight from OCZ's web site..

got the extra voltages to appear in bios had to do some wierd thing with unplugging power and changing the stock auto cpu vid voltage to something other than auto. would like to make sure this bios is no good for this setup before flashing to another. so many settings to play with but all i want to know is if i can even to begin running tight timmings. also does the sticks have to be in the orange slots or the yellow? Thanks