Noob pc builder.

Ok im new to pc building and this will be my first custom. I am getting the Dfi Ultra-d and i was wondering a few things. First of all will my Serial Ata hard drive work with this mobo without updating any drivers? Also do I need a floppy drive to update my bios? One more what is the best video card for this board a Ati x800 xl or a Nvidia 6800gt?

First of all will my Serial Ata hard drive work with this mobo without updating any drivers?

Yes..they will work fine..

Also do I need a floppy drive to update my bios?

Nope.. Check out the "Bios factory" section here at DFI-Street and you will find a nice image you can burn to a cd for flashing bios..Thanks to Pershoot..

One more what is the best video card for this board a Ati x800 xl or a Nvidia 6800gt?

Not sure about that.. Ive been somewhat of a ATI fanboy for the last two video card purchases.. lol.. But im sure either would be a good choice.. Do some searching @ futuremark.com and see how they are scoring.. You can also check out the "Overclocking database" here at DFI-Street to see how they are doing for some members here..

You should also upgrade your psu.. check the links in my sig..

Are you sure i need a new psu bc im kinda of on a budget lol.

If you take time to read the link in my sig about psu's you will know this is VERY important..

You'll be looking for trouble with a under powered psu.. You also wont get much help here if you have problems because your psu is under the required spec..

Ok thanks, i read that 480wt is the minimum requirment for the board. Thanks agian i guess ill have to fork out a little bit more money. Sweet i just found a psu for $30 bucks at a local pc shop thats 500wts.

Ok thanks, i read that 480wt is the minimum requirment for the board. Thanks agian i guess ill have to fork out a little bit more money. Sweet i just found a psu for $30 bucks at a local pc shop thats 500wts.

Hey ho m8, that cheap 500w PSU for $30 will cost you a lot more in the long run, if not in cash (cue expensive graphics card*/hdd*/cpu*/mem* blowing *delete as applicable), in a ton of troubleshooting. Run into any problem at all, post it here and any of the more experienced peeps (u know who ur!! ;) ) will tell you to change the PSU. Honestly m8, it's not worth saving the extra money at the start by compromising, especially not with a board that demands a certain amount of respect like the DFI. You owe it yourself to treat yourself to a bit quality, so go for it! You know you want to!! :D

Listen to superflyguy.. He is 1000% correct..

Just because it says 500w doesnt mean its good.. Look through the psu thread in my and choose one of the recommended ones in it.. This way you wont have problems..