game fps cap at 60????help plz

Fujin

First my spec are as follow:

Graphic card:x850 XT

monitor: old skool 17" CRT

window monitor refresh rate @85Hz

ati driver monitor set at @85hz

ati driver 3d Refresh rate override @85hz

In cs i use 1024*768 with vsync on my fps cap at 60 without vsync i get 1xx but i get tearing (If your pc has more fps than hz you'll get something that is called tearing) so my question is how to get a high fps without tearing.

human eye can't tell a difference above 75

This depends if you're talking actual fps or refresh.

FPS is debatable, because of the way different games will handle input and how input will be synced with visuals, but a minimum of 60 fps should be fine in any well coded game.

Refresh on CRT monitors is different though, personally, I can't stand anything below 85 Hz on most monitors, and in quite a few circumstances, I can tell the differenc between 85 Hz and 100 Hz pretty easily.

What game exactly plz? IE: Q3 I run @ 125 FPS CAP
In cs i use 1024*768 with vsync on my fps cap at 60 without vsync i get 1xx but i get tearing (If your pc has more fps than hz you'll get something that is called tearing) so my question is how to get a high fps without tearing.

cs = Counter Strike

its that damn bug again...windows forces the monitor to use 60 hz ....and thats why... powerstrip usually helps the problem or perhaps rivatuner can too.... fps_max 100 fps_modem 0 in your config in Cs and if its still there use powerstrip to force your monitor to 85 hz in the resolutions U use.