Sign in to follow this  
dmo580

NF4 Ultra-D> Vantec Iceberq4

I've determined that a little dremeling needs to be done on the side because of some blockage, but that's ok. I'm sure a file will do the trick, but I'm lazy so I want to dremel.

I'm just wondering what to do about the foam pad from the stock cooler. The Vantec Iceberq 4 is just a flat copper bottom. That will be fine right? No zappage should happen right ><.

Take the pad of, put some AS5 on chip and make sure hsf makes good contact. You could do with some washers maybe.

Well? Has anyone else changed the chipset cooler to something else?

If you have, what do you do about the pad?

Well? Has anyone else changed the chipset cooler to something else?

If you have, what do you do about the pad?

Tons of threads in the Mods forum.

I built one with and one without the pad and both are running fine. I used ceramiqe on both of them it instead of as5 and both are at 40c or so with the fan at 7k rpm .

Foam pad is to keep the nf4 chipset from having its corners chipped and if you dont use it you better have a steady hand and set it in place flatly and evenly.

I have that mod and left the pad on. and I didn't need to file or dremel anything. I just used the thermal tape for the ramsinks that came with the Iceberq 4 to attatch the fan to the DFI heatsink. Took all of ten minutes. been going well for a month. I also used Ceramique.

I have that mod and left the pad on. and I didn't need to file or dremel anything. I just used the thermal tape for the ramsinks that came with the Iceberq 4 to attatch the fan to the DFI heatsink. Took all of ten minutes. been going well for a month. I also used Ceramique.

so you did not use the nylon mobo connectors...just thermal tape???

I tried with the nylon connecotrs and my iceberg 4 did stay on

I think you misunderstood. I used the thermal tape to attach the IB4 fan to the heatsink. I used the pushpins to attach the heatsink to the chipset. I was just stating it was easier to use the thermal tape to attach the fan instead of drilling new hole in the heatsink for it.

Hey ho chief, so did you use the complete Iceberg4? I thought it was too big? If so did you have too drill larger holes or add holes? I'm thinking of the iceberg, but don't fancy any drilling of my mobo :eek2: