ACPI & HAL's Explained

Yea you motherfuzzbuckets! ;) Come on anyone with a succesfull ACPI change on Lanparty b? This sucks! My computer hangs every now an then. And like two times right after i start the machine for a long time (over night). I don't know whats the problem but lovering cpu oc doesn't seem to help so this would be nice to try. Have tried every modded bios, except merlins. Anyone got a merlin bios, are they any good? Now I'm using official 06/19

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Us MF'ers! :sweat: Really though, sorry 'bout that.

You have yet to get a successful Advanced Configuration Power Interface (ACPI) PC config setup within your OS? Or do you have yet to attempt to get your rig running with that?

Could you list detailed specs on your RAM & CPU timings, also your voltages & temps on the CPU, NB & SB. What size and number of memory sticks do you have, are they single or double sided? That would help me and others get a better idea of what you've got config'ed right now.

What's your BIOS date/version? Do you have CPU Thermal-Throttling enabled/disabled?

Well yea I have done a fresh install with Advanced Configuration Power Interface (ACPI) PC and successfully. The problem appears right after I install the system drivers, thats when windows loading bar just goes in a everending loop and windows wont come on. Snowpro has the same problem and as far as I can see he has the same CPU (datewise+TPMW ending code) and the same board LanParty Ultra B. Well my guess is the board, and what separates the Ultra B from infinity? Gigabit lan, anything more? I dont know if anyone has done this acpi change successfully on a LanParty B so...

Well about the things you asked me:

Now I am at 2500, 10*250 1,75vcore. Ram is at 2-2-2-8 2T. CPU NB and GPU is waterchilled, 35C, 40C, 55C (CPU,system temp, GPU). Ram sticks are 2*512 V-Data UTT CH-5 double-sided. Bios version is now 06/19 official, I have tried hellfires various bioses aswell Tictacs. CPU-thermal disabled.

No its definitely nothing to do with the board or processor. If that was the case then all the other LanParty B guys with 2600's running the ACPI HAL over the past year or so would have reported the same problem, but this is the first i've ever heard of it. Its got to be driver related somehow imo.

The only differences between the LanParty B & Infinity are Gigabit Lan, Diagnostic LED's and colour.

What OS are you using, Service Packs, updates etc?

You said, "The problem appears right after I install the system drivers,"...

You mean the Nforce drivers, what version? Maybe a dumb question, but are you using the NV IDE drivers? Did you disable APIC in the BIOS after ACPI PC was successfully enabled? Installing the OS and/or drivers while OC'ed?

Yes. I use the newest i guess, 5.10 NForce drivers. And I have the IDE drivers installed, if I remember correctly it asks that when you install 5.10? "Do you want to install SW IDE drivers" or something like that,you mean that? I didn't disable APIC, but I've tried doing it when I have tried to change from my windows straight away without reinstalling windows so that I have had APIC disabled and ACPI changed. But that wouldn't work, could thos ide drivers be the problem?

Yeah, that's what I was referring to ==> If you installed the SW-IDE drivers, then there's a possibility that they are giving you grief. Are you using and IDE HD drive (e.g. - PATA/parallel ata)? You might want to add what hard drive(s) you are using in your sig. Even if you aren't using a PATA HD, you may still want to steer clear of the SW-IDE drivers. Also, I have seen many others comment about having trouble with the NV SW-IDE drivers. I personally haven't used them, or attempted to because of that. I always just keep the MS Windows IDE driver(s).

I think Median might have cracked your problem there Lieskahz. Definitely sounds like a possible Nvidia IDE Driver issue. DFI actually recommend not to install them because they cause problems for a lot of ppl.

Interesting, if thats the case then it looks like the Nvidia IDE Driver problem can be affected by the HAL you have installed.

Indeed! It works! Thank you very much! :) medianOCer you are an angel, even if you're a MF'er! :) could have been that those ide drivers have been crashing my computer randomly, but oh well lets see if this helps the problem. Thanks again, and Snowpro you probably have the same problem!

:angel: & :tooth: = :shake:

Your more than welcome. It also took you hanging in there, and not giving up on the scenario, for the desired results to take place. So give yourself a pat on the back as well. :nod: Also, thanks for your gratitude. :)

If something else needs to be looked at, then please do report back and we can dig into such further.