ACPI & HAL's Explained

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the welcome back man,I've still got a ways to go yet 'fore I'm situated.I'm setting up shop in S Carolina for now,Mich. too cold for me anymore and I'm alot closer to the hurricane action when it jumps off.

It'll be a while yet b4 I can bring the Sistahs down and I'm going to be pretty busy over the next couple months anyways,geez,I can't believe the prices of ram have dropped so much since the last time I looked.

Looking forward to getting back in the action soon.

SO they still got the warrants out for ya in MI I take it. :D

little on the run action never hurt anybody :)

I'm pretty sure the coast is still clear in Illinois though,when it gets a little warmer there,I'll have to swoop in on the DL

pimp20daddy2017jz.th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If you have an audigy ZS 2 sound card you don't want to change the ACPI from the device manager. I noticed a horrible degrade in sound quality. The sound just isn't dynamic anymore. My reciever clips more, and the bass sucks. I am keeping on ACPI Uniprocessor until my next reinstall and I'll do it the F5 way. I did notice that my 210 FSB OC is not stable with ACPI Uniprocessor like it was with the recommended ACPI. So now I'm back to 200 FSB.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I switched to ACPI. I feel like a dummy cuz now I'm not able to set affinity for which core to use. I can't choose a core in Prime either.

In device manager the ACPI multiprrocessor was no longer a choice to install. So, I chose "standard PC" ( I think that was the name)

Now windows won't boot in safe mode or last know good config.

Is there anything to do? Or am I just gonna have to re-install windows?

Also, I assume I want to choose ACPI Multiprocessor PC, correct?

• 4 weeks later...

its been a while but I left my system as was for some after posting here about little system issues after converting my HAL which was hard to attribute to the change as they didn't show up straight away. Mainly to with video editing/ capturing etc.

I had tried updating my BIOS off the TMod CD which didn't work. I tried a couple of different ones to no avail.

I recently did a total reinstall using the F5 method as described, now my system works better than it ever has.

You guys rock. :shake: :shake: Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am posting on behalf of my friend who had trouble getting a GeForce 7800GTX to let him into windows with it installed. He was replacing 2 MSI 6800's SLI'd with it and the computer wouldn't let him load windows with only one 6800 or the 7800. Only in SLI'd 6800's. And yes the jumpers on the board where set. But I walked him through a clean boot and he uninstalled the old drivers and still didn't help. So I suggested try a reformat and start fresh. Well he ran into a problem of ACPI non-compliant. He hit F5 at the F6 prompt on install and when he gets to the window it wont let him select any of the HAL's. It stays on Other and above it is the Standard PC with C-Step i486. He can choose any other option there but the HAL's. Any Idea's? He tried 2 keyboards also. He is running a Lan Party UT SLI-DR. If you need anything else like sys specs I can ask him. I am trying to keep this simple for now.