ACPI & HAL's Explained

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

250x10.5. LOL Did that even work? Most I ever installed (OS that is) was at 220 x 9, which was about a year ago on a NF7.

Yeah it worked OH yeah of little faith ;) only on mine though i wouldnt recommend for no one else LOL

Smart man, because if you go around recommending that to others often, they could tend to get a bit frustrated and upset at possibly ending up having problems with their installs; depending on what's installed and how stable one's system really is under settings similar to that. But that's my opinion and maybe none of that would ever or has ever taken place.

You also mentioned "user pref". Well, it's this user's pref (mine) to not recommend (which, by the way, is hardly forcing anyone to do anything) installing 'critical' apps/software and also BIOS flashes while overclocked. I also follow that guideline, but you do what you do. It's just the beginning of the day and I'm doing what I do. ;)

There are not many others that can run at 250 fsb never mind try a clean install at those settings ;), no i condone it rather than encourage it, its not a smart thing to do. I on the other hand have never been known to follow "the rules" so i do what i do when i do, i post what i find, if others like or try its up to them. THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDING anything just that it can be done thats all. Trying any stuffs while overclocked is a risk. But then again getting a chopper every 2 weeks to and fro work is a risk. :)

What I want to understand, further, is why you have chosen to 'attack' me. Not really attack, but more so what I'm sharing with others in this forum. I mean what's behind your motivation to do so? Is it just because I don't want to do a reinstall at 10.5 x 250?

If you want to know something, just ask. I'll be straight forward and to the point.

Haven't we crapped on this thread enough now?

Loggan isn't attacking you, and it doesn't sound like he was to me. He was only stating a point, or should i say, his experiences. I don't think he meant it as some sort of attack against what you were saying because he agrees with what you were saying.