Sign in to follow this  
Shinobi

ACPI & HAL's Explained

Well, I must confirm Shinobi's way is safer. My way is the lazy way ! hehhehe!!!

To avoid trouble, set your parameters (fsb and multiplier) to default

with agp/pci locked to 66/33.

thanks shinobi, i changed it on windows, and i didn't exerienced any driver problem.

now i'm running at 2525 mhz at 240 fsb, i will check if stability has been impoved

thanks shinobi, i changed it on windows, and i didn't exerienced any driver problem.

You might not notice any problem initially ;)

Just double check everything make sure everythings working correctly.

at the moment in device manager nothing strange...

but i have to say that changing to acpi pc it is an amzing thing...!!!

now i'm able to run at 2550 mhz at 243 fsb 1.9 v core without any problem and freezing,

occt stable... and today temps are pretty high.

thank you fot the explanations... we must put it on a silver frame...

Glad to see its worked for you, thats great news :)

Try running some benchmarks with 3DMark, just to make sure your chipset & graphics card drivers are ok. If not you'll get lower scores...

Also check any printers and such you may have to make sure they're printing ok.

Hey guys. I was eager to try this out because my comp was crashing now and then while surfing or something. But now I can't get it to work. Here's the deal:

When I install windows everything is fine, I press F5 when it prompts for F6 and i choose that Advanced Configuration and... Windows installs fine and theres no problems with it whatsoever. But when I try to install the system drivers (the 5.10 ones) my windows won't come on anymore, it just hangs on the black screen with the neverending blue mark going in a loop. I tried this twice meaning I formatted and installed windows with Advanced Configuration and... And on both times this has been the issue.

So guys do you have any ideas? I'm using Windows XP professional with integrated SP2. Windows works fine now when I took "Last known good settings". and theres obviously no system drivers installed.

And what is this "APIC" in bios, should that be turned off aswell?

Edit:

Got it working now. Had to take "Last good settings" again after installing system drivers. Now I just installed omega drivers and looked if the AGP speed would be up to 8. Well it wasn't ofcourse. Then I thought what the hell and installed the system drivers once more and boom windows booted fine! I had installed some windows updates in between too, but I just don't know why it worked now... After this I checked the AGP speed and it shows "off". I tried to put it to 8 and boot but it still shows "off". This means that I don't have the gart drivers installed? But still I had just installed them so I tried 3dmark05 and the score is normal, 2800 with quality on. So what the heck! The computer is a bit screwed up but it works :). Still this is wierd that SMARTGART shows AGP speed off and still it is like 8x is on...

I'd like to try this and just see if it helps anything, but I don't wanna re-install just to do it :(

You can try updating the driver in device manager and if it's not to your liking you can rollback to the previous driver. -uj

Hey Shinobi, Nice thread on ACPI & HAL's.

Over the last couple of days, I have been trying to run the rig in my Sig, with the Advanced Configuration & Power Interface HAL.

Everything is running great, nice & stable with the setup in my Sig using ACPI Uniprocessor HAL.

I was trying to change HAL with hopes of getting a stable OC at something like 10x250 ( Just thinking my HAL configuration might have been adding to my instability at 10x250 ) Might try different bios next.

I have reformated/reinstalled at least eight times, I seem to be having similar problem as lieskahz:

QUOTE=lieskahz]

When I install windows everything is fine, I press F5 when it prompts for F6 and i choose that Advanced Configuration and... Windows installs fine and theres no problems with it whatsoever. But when I try to install the system drivers (the 5.10 ones) my windows won't come on anymore, it just hangs on the black screen with the neverending blue mark going in a loop. I tried this twice meaning I formatted and installed windows with Advanced Configuration and... And on both times this has been the issue.

So guys do you have any ideas? I'm using Windows XP professional with integrated SP2.

I have tryed installing with Windows Intergrated SP2 & even XP Original CD with no SP.

I have reinstalled running stock configuration and or OCed, makes no differance.

I have been able to boot but my PC would boot very slow, it would take few minutes.

I even tryed disable ACPI & APIC in bios and just load using "Standard PC" HAL ( Ive heard sometimes enabling can limit OC)

I must be missing something, the only thing I can think of is maybe trying different BIOS.

Is or can the BIOS version have an effect on the HAL configuration??

I was thinking of trying the Hellfire 3EG-REV2 BIOS.

I dont really care what HAL I use, only care that I use what works for my rig.

My goal is to run at 10x250 & qualify for Toaster sig.

I have already posted screenshot on the Toaster thread qualifing at my setup posted in my sig, Just wanting more impressive Toaster sig.