Sign in to follow this  
jkresh

problems with x2 and nf4sli-dr

I had the system up and running then started to take it apart to go to water cooling (before realizign that one of the screws on the graphics card heatsink was stripped). After putting it back together I got some random restarts and eventualy coulndt even boot. Now I am getting lights 2-3-4 on, if I reset the cmos then boot I can get into the bios but I cant get it to restart. I did remount the stock heatsink on the processor and I beleive it is getting a good connection. Any suggestions. (running the 6-23 bios).

when I remounted the stock amd heatsink I removed all their gunk and used some as5 (as per artic silvers instructions) And with all my case fans I wouldnt think heat would be a problem even if the processor wasnt perfectly mounted?

Plug the 7800 gtx in the 2nd pci-e slot and then the system will start. Shut it off and push it back in the main pci-e slot (make sure u push it all the way down) and then start the system and it should work. Dunno why this happens but it stumped me for awhile when building my PC.

going to give up for tonight. In the morning I will remove processor and try resetting the heatsink again. 3 leds on means its a processor issue right?

I took out one of the ram sticks and it seems to be booiting ok (running prime now). Odd that it would run for several days with both and then only work with one?

what model OCZ are you running at ,2,2,2 maybe your timing is too tight, relax them a little and run memtest

its actualy running at 2-3-2 which is what is listed, I tried dropping memory to 166 and it didnt change anythign. Going to RMA it and hope the replacement works.