Looks like DFI learned a lesson about the PCI-E Slots?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spartacus

That layout will be a problem in smaller cases.

The CPU location (with height of HSF) will interfere with the drive bays.

Would have been better to put the memory there and CPU next to the PSU as normal.

Ah well.....

This board will play very nice in my case! Circle case which uses the BTX inverted style setup! the CPU and ram would both be in line with the wind tunnel the case creates. I really do like the looks of this board. :)

So what else hardware wise has DFI had to do to make the new motherboard all "Crossfire" happy? I mean, for example, why couldn't all the existing dual PCIe DFI motherboards take advantage of Crossfire?...

So what else hardware wise has DFI had to do to make the new motherboard all "Crossfire" happy? I mean, for example, why couldn't all the existing dual PCIe DFI motherboards take advantage of Crossfire?...

You would be best served if you just waited for the boards to get in our hands so we can tell you the facts about them. Until then it's just speculation and assumptions.

guess will have to wait and see

...for just the crossfire or will the NF4 SLI board with this new layout also be announced on Tuesday?

My 7800GTX needs a home...but I guess it can wait just a bit longer...

No Signature:

Please read and respect the forum rules and put your complete computer specs in your signature under "user cp" . Also include your bios version and specs of your psu, including brand name and watts. This information helps us to help you. Thank you.

About Tuesday, he says that cause it could mean ANY tuesday! lol ;)

Really......I was just kinda hoping my Athlon XP would fit into the 939 board.....

How disappointing.(sarcasm)

Let me rephrase what i wrote earlier. If i keep my 3700 San Diego, 1GB OCZ RAM and my x850 XT PE. Plus buy the appropriate motherboard. Then all i need to do i buy the crossfire ready graphics card? meaning that if the previous is correct then i will half 1/2 the video cards i need to complete a crossfire setup?

Wow, i never thought asking a simple yes/no question would warrant such a deep and lengthy response.

From what I have read, the answer to your question is yes. All you have to do is buy a Crossfire VC. You will have to get a x850 one is the only requirement I have seen.

I have converted to AMD and until I see substantial changes in Intel's architecture, performance, heat, value I will not be switching back.

The board looks like it might allow for better airflow but it is just a picture. The truth will not be known until our resident experts get the boards to test/torture.

Looking forward to it either way

No Signature:

Please read and respect the forum rules and put your complete computer specs in your signature under "user cp" . Also include your bios version and specs of your psu, including brand name and watts. This information helps us to help you. Thank you.

About Tuesday, he says that cause it could mean ANY tuesday! lol ;)

Sorry Mr. Policeman! :nod: :sad:

The NEW NF4 Ultra-D/SLI-D® looks the same as the Crossfire board I believe. The RAM layout is all identical, and the RAM feeds off the 5V line ^^. No more cold boot hopefully and NO MORE RAM FRYAGE!

Plus the PCIe x16 slots are double spaced =P

Yay. Wait. I have the old board. Crap. Ebay?