Sign in to follow this  
rjnewby

Lanparty UT NF3 Won't detect WD Caviar as Slave

Hey guys, first time poster.

I'm having a problem with my mobo. I can connect my WD Caviar drive in primary master and it detects fine and boots windows. I can also detect my Maxtor 200GB fine and am running windows on it right now. I would like to connect the WD as Primary slave, but I can't find a way to do it.

If I connect the Max as primary master and the WD as primary slave with the cable properly plugged in and cable detect on, neither drive is detected when the HDD jumpers are set to cable detect on both disks.

If I set the jumpers to master and slave, respectively, then I still can't get it to detect either drive. The cable is properly connected w/ the master jack in the master disk and the slave jack in the slave disk.

Any ideas on this?

System in sig.

Im wondering if it may be a compatability issue between these boards and the WD drive.

my only drive is a WD and Ive been having problems since I switched to this mobo monday with it randomly not being detected.

Since I've been researching this, I've seen a bit of trouble between these two kids. Either DFI doesn't like WD or vice versa, but people are having problems. Any help from the Official DFI crew would be appreciated in the extreme.