Help Getting PwNeD by BATTLEFIELD 2

You might want to look at the 3700+ Sandiego. The 1Mb cache is nice. Plus it seems to OC well. I've got mine OC'd to 2750mhz.

Which stepping week is ur Sandy? Also is it a cabbage (CABGE)?

Thanks,

Rex

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BF2 does not require a high end CPU nor will it take advantage of dual core.

It is however a memory hog. If you plan to run high textures on your video card you should have 2GB of ram to go along with it. That extra gig will eliminate any pauses and stuttering.

pay attention to the 4200 and 4400 differences. The 4400 has 2 meg (1meg for core) of L2 cache and that extra 512 makes a big difference. How much ram do you presently have anyways? Your sig says what kind, but not the amount...

Indeed, also it needs more ram cos the coding is poor. Not particularly optimised. Plus it has a lot of bugs which doesnt help, making lots of folks think its their hardware. A mate of mine at work who was a coder for one of the game developers in the UK, despaired when he checked out how this game was running.

Great game though and runs fine on my system speed wise but I still get the odd crash after a reasonable length session plus only using a 512mb pagefile!

-I have a Sandy, and my temps are just as low as any Venice you'll find out there. Plus, my room is at least 80 degrees F at any given point of the day... damn AC doesn't work too well...

-If you have the cash, get the X2 with the native 1MB cache for each core. If not, get a Sandy. Period.

-If you get an extra gig of ram, you'll have to disable CPC with will make your system run a 2T. But, as it has been said many times over, 2gig at 2T is better then 1gig at 1T. Just FYI.

CPU speed does not make a huge difference in BF2. Don't upgrade your CPU just for this game. The things that do matter for this game are RAM and video card. It runs just fine for me on 1GB if I dont have a lot of apps running in the background. I don't know why so many people are having problems with 1GB. Your system should be able to run it just as well as mine. I play at high detail with lighting on low, dynamic lighting off, dynamic shadows off at 1400x1050 with 2x antialiasing.

CPU speed does not make a huge difference in BF2. Don't upgrade your CPU just for this game. The things that do matter for this game are RAM and video card. It runs just fine for me on 1GB if I dont have a lot of apps running in the background. I don't know why so many people are having problems with 1GB. Your system should be able to run it just as well as mine. I play at high detail with lighting on low, dynamic lighting off, dynamic shadows off at 1400x1050 with 2x antialiasing.

Yep same here, everything set to high with x2 AA but I use 1280 res. I find switching off Zonealarm helps enormously. I also dont have many services or apps running in the background either. Its amazing how much junk folks run on their rigs and then wonder why everything is so slow. Mine runs with 21 processes.

1gig of ram works fine then. :)

Dump that SETI crap folks! It's a waste of time. :shake: