Mushkin Redline 4000XP will not do DDR500 as claimed, help?!?!?!

GAR

yeah, i have about had it with this board, i have tried 4 different types of memory and always get errors and instability, im just gonna leave everything stock seriously.....donno what else to do

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I had 2x512, it did 250@1:1 just fine. 2-2-2-6-1T, with 3.5v. 3700+ SD.

Now that Ive got 4x512.. I cant get it to do much at all. I have it at 2-2-2-6-2T, at 3.5v, and I cant get it to overclock much at all. :( Tried a few BIOS', but nothing has worked so far. Its also VERY annoying that when I reset the cmos, I have to take two sticks out, to get the PC to boot up again. Because it selects Auto default for 1T/2T, and that wont work with 4 sticks. At least for me. Ive looked for a way around this... but found nothing.

I left everything to Auto, except for the specified setting. When everything was on auto, it selected 2-2-3-5-1T. I simply changed it to 2-2-2-6-1T, and left everything on auto. I didnt have 2x512 long enough to fiddle with it a lot. BF2 made me upgrade to 2gigs..

And I shouldnt have said, that I cant get 4x512 to do much at all. But more like, I cant get it to do much, and be stable. Ive had it all the way up to 11x250 as well, for 2.75gig on this 3700+, and still at 2-2-2-6-2T. Here is a pic of it. You can see my ram timings in it. As I said before, everything other than 2-2-2-6-2T was set to auto. This is my first DFI board, and I was overwhelmed with the options for ram.

I printed out that ram sticky, and have read up on most of them. But as I said, I didnt have 2x512 for long.

I have since revisited it, and tried to get it stable again. I gave up before because I got tired of taking out my ram, when it wouldnt boot after a cmos clear. But now, I cant even go over 210FSB, or it wont boot. Same settings, even more lax. Same bios, at least I think so. If anyone has a bios to recommend to me.. Im open to suggestions. :)

I had the same problem as you at first with mine. I could not do the speeds that is advertised. I did the step by step in the guide on this site and found that my cpu can't do 11x250. It does 10x260+ without a hiccup. I was even able tighten my timings a good bit. I also noticed that after running I could lower the voltage down. can run [email protected]@3.2 now. I will post all my timing settings when I get home tonight. At work now.

thanks guys, i messed around with the timins i got it to boot up into windows.....ill post my timings, also i ran memtest stable for 1 hour and 10 mins.....so for now im happy.....jtlee75 if you can post your timings at 260 id apreciate it, thanks for all the help people....:]

ok here are my settings.

200,enable,2,2,6,2,7,auto,auto,auto,auto,auto,3120,auto,enable,auto,level 4,auto,auto,256,disable,16x,07x,disable

I have to drop my cpu down to 9 multi to get to 270 but I can still keep these timings.

hey i lowered the multiplier and it ran fine for like 30 mins, so its the cpu, what should i try to change???? i had my cpu at 11X240 @ 1.425v's i raised it to 1.45 still got errors, i raised it to 1.475 same thing...should i go higher or change another setting?????

I can't help you with the voltages too much. I am still using 130nm newcastle. I had my voltage up to 1.7 last night but didn't help me any either. I am running @1.64 now and its ok 250X10 is the best I can do with this chip. Looking foward to owning a 4800+ soon.