Mushkin Redline 4000XP will not do DDR500 as claimed, help?!?!?!

GAR

I recently baught this ram and it wont even do what its rated, 2-2-2-6 @ ddr500...while using 3.3-3.5v's....here is my setup i tried all kinds of timings still no luck passed 225...everything else wont boot after it says backing up cmos it just freezes, blinks and doesnt do anything, ive tried higher voltages all auto settings, ive read other people with the same memory reaching speeds of 260...all the reviews i have read on it people have reached very high speeds, but my setup for some reason will not....i dont know if its my cpu or not...here is how my setup looks like...if someone could help id apreciate it..... this ram uses the UTT chips...i think so

AMD ATHLON X2 4400+

1 gig Mushkin Redline XP4000 2-2-2-6 ddr500

DFI NF4 SLI-DR bios 06/23-2

2x gigabyte 7800GTX SLI

WD74 gig raptor, seagate 200gig, maxtor 200gig, 120gig

someone pleez help this is really annoying me.......thanx

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

make a sig.

does this ram really require all that voltage? I don't know.

All those other settings on auto, probably not right. You'll probably have to tweek them all to get em running good.

Do a search for your ram, here in this forum, or if your memory manufacturer has forums, and try others' settings.

Then report back here with all your settings, maybe someone will notice something out of whack.

Welcome to DFI!

Have you tried running them with the CPU Multiplier low and a high buss speed- i.e., instead of running 12x250, try 8x250 to make sure that your CPU is not the problem? Have you tried lowering your LDT multiplier? Do you have your RAM actively cooled?

CJ

hey, i tried lower the multiplier didnt work, so it doesnt seem to be the cpu, its the memory for sure, i dont know this is really annoying me, i dont know what to do?!?!?!?!

All those other settings on auto, probably not right. You'll probably have to tweek them all to get em running good.

Do a search for your ram, here in this forum, or if your memory manufacturer has forums, and try others' settings.

Then report back here with all your settings, maybe someone will notice something out of whack.

i tried the same exact timings i saw on a website with someone with the same ram, still nothing, and he got those timings to work at 270mhz....i cant even get it working on 240.....:/

I don't know your ram specifically, but I would try changing:

7 to something higher like 10

14 to something higher like 16

and the 6, 4, fast to 8, auto (or 5.5), normal.

Also, what voltage does the manufacturer specify? You may be using too much.

EDIT: Another couple real important to stability settings are the dram drive and data strength's. Have you looked in the OCDB here, to see if anyone has used that ram, and what their settings are? Try 8, 1??

But seriously, if its not performing at advertised speeds, then you should return it.

But don't you agree that no matter what ram you throw in these boards, most of them require a little tweeking? I'd rather try tweeking a little or even alot, rather than go w/o and wait for RMA.