Jump to content

tail

Members
  • Content Count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About tail

  • Rank
    New Member
  1. Thanks for all the help guys. Solvents weren't helping, and I was still unsure of powering the machine without the fan, so I ended up scratching it off carefully with my finger. I used ArctiClean to help at the end and installed my new fan. Everything is working fine now.
  2. If isopropyl alcohol, acetone, and ArctiClean had nearly no affect on the TIM, do you think lighter fluid will help? (I'm not being sarcastic, I'm actually asking). Heating it up seems like it would work, but I just don't want to fry it.
  3. ArctiCleaner didn't seem to do anything, so I guess powering it up seems to be my last hope. I have a new fan that I can just place on top of the chipset and power on, but I'm still concerned about frying the chipset.
  4. I'm worried the chipset will overheat if I plug it back in. The fan isn't working at all, so I'm not sure if putting the fan back on will help anything, plus I managed to get some of the TIM off the fan with a lot of work. Should I still power it on? I just picked up some ArctiClean so I'm going to give that a shot.
  5. I guess I'll try to find some ArctiClean tomorrow and try using that instead of acetone. The acetone is barely doing anything.
  6. I was hoping the hair dryer would help it warm up, but it didn't seem to have any affect on it after using it for about two minutes. I don't want to power up machine since I already removed the fan.
  7. I successfully removed the fan from the motherboard, but whatever is left behind is stuck on the chipset. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I've tried to heat it up with a hair dryer and tried rubbing isopropyl alcohol and acetone with no luck. I've been using the board for over a year.
×
×
  • Create New...