BFG Rox0r's!

ClayMeow

Well, about two weeks ago, my BFG 6800GT OC got fried. BFG was one of the first video card manufacturers to ever offer a lifetime warranty, so I called up and described the problem. The tech immediately said that it sounded like the memory on the card went bad and issued me an RMA number. I asked him how long it would take to get a replacement; he said 2-3 weeks. Eh, I could live with that.

So I shipped out my dead card via UPS...I had to pay the shipping/insurance of $9.59; small price to pay. I brought it to the UPS Store to ship out at the end of the day on Monday, October 8th.

Today, a package from UPS arrives...now I've been ordering parts for my new PC I'll be building, but I already got everything that was shipped via UPS, I was just waiting on a few things shipping via FedEx. Perplexed, I look at the label and it said BFG Technologies on it. I open it up and wiggle out the plastic shell and lo-and-behold, it's my replacement card! I wound up pulling it out upside down and the first thing I noticed was that the retention brackets on the back of the card to hold in the hsf was different. what the heck? So I flip it over and it says 7800 series. So now I'm wondering if they upgraded me or downgraded me, so I turn it over once again to examine the model number, and it said 7800GS OC! This is confirmed by Windows. UPGRADE! w00t!

So not only did I get my replacement in a mere FOUR DAYS, but I also got a slight upgrade! Too bad it wasn't the PCI-e version I was replacing, maybe they would have sent me an 8800 ;) lol, okay, I won't be greedy.

Anyways, I'm really happy now...now I can d/l hl2:e2 and portal :D

It kinda sucks though that I waited a week to put in the RMA. If I did that right away, I wouldn't have rushed to order new parts, but c'est la vie. Overall, I'm happy...even if it'll just last a 1-2 weeks before I build my new Vista uber rig.

PS. I kind of feel bad for going with evga for my 8800gtx now that BFG treated me so nicely :lol:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the fan on the hsf has blue LEDs which goes perfect with my system :D

Well, about two weeks ago, my BFG 6800GT OC got fried. BFG was one of the first video card manufacturers to ever offer a lifetime warranty, so I called up and described the problem. The tech immediately said that it sounded like the memory on the card went bad and issued me an RMA number. I asked him how long it would take to get a replacement; he said 2-3 weeks. Eh, I could live with that.

So I shipped out my dead card via UPS...I had to pay the shipping/insurance of $9.59; small price to pay. I brought it to the UPS Store to ship out at the end of the day on Monday, October 8th.

Today, a package from UPS arrives...now I've been ordering parts for my new PC I'll be building, but I already got everything that was shipped via UPS, I was just waiting on a few things shipping via FedEx. Perplexed, I look at the label and it said BFG Technologies on it. I open it up and wiggle out the plastic shell and lo-and-behold, it's my replacement card! I wound up pulling it out upside down and the first thing I noticed was that the retention brackets on the back of the card to hold in the hsf was different. what the heck? So I flip it over and it says 7800 series. So now I'm wondering if they upgraded me or downgraded me, so I turn it over once again to examine the model number, and it said 7800GS OC! This is confirmed by Windows. UPGRADE! w00t!

So not only did I get my replacement in a mere FOUR DAYS, but I also got a slight upgrade! Too bad it wasn't the PCI-e version I was replacing, maybe they would have sent me an 8800 ;) lol, okay, I won't be greedy.

Anyways, I'm really happy now...now I can d/l hl2:e2 and portal :D

It kinda sucks though that I waited a week to put in the RMA. If I did that right away, I wouldn't have rushed to order new parts, but ce la vie. Overall, I'm happy...even if it'll just last a 1-2 weeks before I build my new Vista uber rig.

PS. I kind of feel bad for going with evga for my 8800gtx now that BFG treated me so nicely :lol:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the fan on the hsf has blue LEDs which goes perfect with my system :D

C'est la Vie Mr Review Editor, sir! :lol:

Nice service though.

C'est la Vie Mr Review Editor, sir! :lol:

Nice service though.

grrr :P. I write that all the time too (correctly)...I guess in my excitement I wasn't paying attention. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more errors in my post :lol:

Congrats Clay :)

Man today must be the day of upgrades. I got a Pny 7900GT video card from a customer that was DOA about 4 weeks ago, I asked if he wanted me to try and return it he was like no I don't want to wait so he bought an 8600GTS from me and left. He didn't leave his name or nothing.

So long story short I was able to RMA it and it arrived today and I was thinking about another 7900GT nope wrong they sent a 8800GTS 640MB sweet. Of course its Pny but who gives a toot I didn't pay for it lol add another 8800 to my list :)

Man today must be the day of upgrades. I got a Pny 7900GT video card from a customer that was DOA about 4 weeks ago, I asked if he wanted me to try and return it he was like no I don't want to wait so he bought an 8600GTS from me and left. He didn't leave his name or nothing.

So long story short I was able to RMA it and it arrived today and I was thinking about another 7900GT nope wrong they sent a 8800GTS 640MB sweet. Of course its Pny but who gives a toot I didn't pay for it lol add another 8800 to my list :)

Can I have it please?

grats Clay, but Bosco takes the cake here I guess :lol:

Too bad there isn't anything better than a 2900XT from ATI right now, otherwise I'd find a way to RMA that one for an upgrade :lol:

Lol send them one and maybe you get back two :O

Meh, I can't complain, evga did a 7900GT KO SC to 7950GT KO SC on mine. Granted not the jump you got or the "free" card bosco's rubbing in our face, but a whole crap load better than a friend who sent of a moderatly OCed XFX 7900GT to get a 7900GS XXX back...yay for a DOWNGRADE. On top of that he had been running SLI, what thoughtful customer support...not (btw they to this day claim that the replacement is the better card.)

:blink: wow. Okay, so mine isn't as good as that, but I still can't complain :D