Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

bp9801

Didn't see a topic on this, so figured I'd make one.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is a sandbox action-RPG game developed by Monolith Productions (F.E.A.R., Condemned). It's taking its cues from the Batman: Arkham series, which isn't a bad place to gain inspiration from imo.

The game is set in between the events of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, so it's in that 60-year gap. Players take on the role of Talion, a Ranger who's half man/half Wraith. Not exactly sure how that fits into the lore, but it does mean Talion has some sweet abilities like being able to see into the Wraith world and even turn enemies into allies (most likely a temporary thing).

The new issue of Game Informer has a ton more info on Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, but you can check out some of the first screens below. Shadow of Mordor is set to arrive sometime next year for the PC and the Sony and MS current/next-gen systems.

j9wragU.jpg

ADYvweR.jpg

IjcVyNA.jpg

VZxY6rk.jpg

Zzp5f0U.jpg

EPzSozQ.jpg

pIZKy9g.jpg

We definitely need a good LOTR game.  Many have attempted but most haven't been good.  The Battle for Middle Earth series was the best and not much good since then.

True that. The Battle for Middle Earth 2 was really good. I've also enjoyed Conquest.

• 2 months later...

Batman Arkham series? Detective Vision lol

Well considering the Batman Arkham series is my favorite action-adventure series of all-time, I'm okay with it!

It does fit in with the LOTR lore though in the sense that the player character has wraith-like abilities. If you read the books or saw the movies, you may remember that the wraiths can see Frodo when he has the ring on and enters this other dimension of sorts.

Well considering the Batman Arkham series is my favorite action-adventure series of all-time, I'm okay with it!

It does fit in with the LOTR lore though in the sense that the player character has wraith-like abilities. If you read the books or saw the movies, you may remember that the wraiths can see Frodo when he has the ring on and enters this other dimension of sorts.

Absolutley.  Using the Batman games fighting mechanics and LOTR lore....how can you go wrong right?

Absolutley.  Using the Batman games fighting mechanics and LOTR lore....how can you go wrong right?

Agreed! Or at least, I hope so! lol....let's go with "cautious optimism!"

• 8 months later...