Batman: Arkham Origins

ClayMeow

I'm shocked there's no thread for this (or OCC's search is effing with me again)...

For those living under a rock, Batman: Arkham Origins is the third game in the Batman: Arkham franchise, but as the name suggests, is a prequel.

What made me search for a thread is this awesome bit of news:

STEAMWORKS replacing GFWL!

I personally never had a problem with GFWL (I played both Arkham games on PC just fine), but I definitely prefer Steamworks over anything and maybe now people won't be so hesitant to get the game because it's one of the best modern franchises there is.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way?! That's awesome! I've had nothing but trouble with GFWL. I need to log in to DL my DLCs, but can't because I need to accept the new terms, which I can't because I need the permission from my parents account. The problem is that there's none connected to my hotmail. It's SO infuriating!

GFWL is one of the more inane "solutions" that Microsoft came up with for a problem that didn't exist.

Very glad to see BAO is now a Steamworks title, and hopefully there aren't any more GFWL games in the future.

I'm just really glad they didn't announce a CE for PC so I wouldn't be tempted by it.

The statue looks sweet, but the artbook would be the only thing I would truly care about.

Statue and art book will be on ebay soon after. No worries! :)

New Villains and Improved Fighting Styles - IGN Interview with the Creative Director:

Awesome to hear that their template for the bosses is the Mr. Freeze boss fight in BAC because that was definitely one of the best boss fights of any game I've played. As was stated, it really forced you to use multiple tactics, but in an extremely natural way.

I'm finally getting around to playing Arkham City. Definitely looking forward to this, eventually. Going to wait for the Steam Sale to have it. :P

I pre-ordered it at GMG for $37.50!

GMG is the best for pre-orders!