El_Capitan's Watercooled Bitfenix Prodigy mini-ITX Build (mini-Wor

El_Capitan

BitFenix Prodigy White mini-ITX
CPU: i5 3570K @4.7 GHz 1.33 Vcore BIOS 1.8; 1.330V - 1.338V CPU-Z | Koolance CPU-380I XSPC AX240 with two Scythe SY1212SL12L's in Push (7v) + two Corsair SP120 High Performance in Pull (5v) Max 85C Prime95

CPU: i5 3570K @4.6 GHz 1.27 Vcore BIOS 1.8; 1.280V - 1.288V CPU-Z | Koolance CPU-380I XSPC AX240 with two Scythe SY1212SL12L's in Push (7v) + two Corsair SP120 High Performance in Pull (5v) Max 84C Prime95
MB: ASRock Z77E-ITX
Memory: 2 x 4GB G.Skill Sniper F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 1600MHz @ 9-9-9-24-1T at 1.25V's
Graphics: ASUS GTX 680 2GB with Koolance VID-NX680 @ +110 Core Clock and  +430 Memory Clock with 1202MHz max Core Clock Max 44C
SSD (OS/Software): Crucial M4 256GB
SSD (Storage): SanDisk Ultra 240GB
PSU: Sparkle SCC-750AF 750W Gold
Case: BitFenix Prodigy White lightly modded

Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry 2 Touch Screen

I used a XSPC AX240 for low RPM fans (used two Scythe SY1212SL12L's on the bottom at 7V's for pushing and two Corsair SP120 High Performance fans on top for pulling at 5V's). The limiting factor for cooling Ivy Bridge CPU's is the TIM used on the IHS (they didn't use fluxless solder). At any rate, my temps never get past 85C during Prime95 Blend load tests at 4.7GHz (1.33V's in BIOS with Step 5 LLC). I could put the fans in full speed, and the radiator being cold to the touch, it doesn't help my core temps because of the Intel IHS/TIM debacle once it gets to a certain threshold, it'll jump up to +80C even at 1.27V's. Kind of makes me wish I used a 2500K instead.

I used a Koolance CPU-380I CPU Block (highly recommended), but you really don't need that good of a flow.

Anyways, some pics:

side2openandtop.jpg

side2open.jpg

topopen.jpg

topcovered.jpg

sideopen.jpg

sideqf.jpg

Overall, it's pretty quiet. I can hear the vortex sounds of the Corsair SP120 (high performance). Usually I'd use Noctua's, but I wanted fans to fit the Black/White theme. I might get the Quiet Edition and see how those do. No point in not having a completely silent build when it's possible.

Alright, I finally added my final piece, an NZXT Sentry 2 Touch Screen Fan Controller. While it doesn't lessen the sound level, it did help with the Molex to 3-pin adapter and 12V to 5V adapter clutter. Updated the pic of the window side, and provided a picture of the front panel.

frontfwl.jpg

sideir.jpg

All done!

Thanks! Eventually the fan wires will be moved towards the front with a fan controller for extra bling and geared towards silence or extra cooling if needed. I'll also be tying up the front panel wires so they're not hanging around. Then use one more blue LED on the motherboard side somewhere. Then it should be 100% complete.

Red, what do you mean by "light" mods?

Now this type of build, an over the top build or one for LAN Party use is what the Prodigy is made for. For general ITX building it is just to big in my opinion, even for a gamer rig.

What is the purpose of the build? I don't assume it's your main rig? So for LAN? 

Why would you presume it is not his main rig, this is a pretty kick butt machine.

Edited by ComputerEd

Now this type of build, an over the top build or one for LAN Party use is what the Prodigy is made for. For general ITX building it is just to big in my opinion, even for a gamer rig.

Yeah, my wife's mini-itx build is half the size of the Prodigy, and just as quiet. Just can't really overclock too much or include a watercooled graphics card. This is mostly a show-off rig. :)