Crossfire and MSI Afterburner users

I seem to be having issues booting into Windows (never gets to login screen) with my AMD system (1090T with HD 6970 Crossfired). I read about this issue while trying to troubleshoot, but I didn't want to try physically removing a card since I'm lazy (it's watercooled). I tried going into safe mode and uninstalling MSI Afterburner, disabling the 2nd card's device, uninstalling AMD drivers, etc. Still, if I boot with the latest drivers, I can't get to the login screen. Very odd.

Anyone have this happen to them? This happened all of sudden yesterday, was fine for weeks.

I haven't had any issue with Afterburner and my Crossfire setup. Are you using the latest version of Afterburner? What about rolling the drivers back to the 11.4 or 11.2 release?

idk Capi, I can boot just fine with the 11.5 drivers! Haven't had a chance to update from 11.4 until today. As soon as the installation was complete, I restarted, then restarted 2 more times just to see if I had the same prob. But, it booted just fine. What version of Afterburner are you using?

I used the latest in both (Cat 11.5 and MSI 2.1), though I did change the MSI Afterburner config so I can change the voltages. Still, it worked fine for weeks, just yesterday it went downhill.

Maybe it has something to do with the config change?

I'm not running the 11.5 drivers, it gave me some issues so I went back to the 11.4 betas. But for the short time I had the 11.5s on and the reboots I did, no issues with Afterburner.

For me with the 11.5 drivers, I got worse performance in Portal 2. Game would lag and glitch, the audio would crackle and pop. Went back to the 11.4 beta drivers and no issues.

Are the clocks on the 6970s at stock? You said you messed with the voltage, perhaps that is causing some stability issues.

Are the clocks on the 6970s at stock? You said you messed with the voltage, perhaps that is causing some stability issues.

Yeah, they're at stock. I don't overclock them unless I'm gaming or benching.

Yes, I did a full flush. Verified both cards work individually (have them in x16/x16 mode now). I can login with either one disabled, but not with both enabled. AMD drivers suck big time. Never have I had issues with Nvidia and SLI. :(

maybe its not the cards or the drivers...you could have a slot dieing or the controller is getting glitchy with 2 cards enabled

I;d try a fresh install just to make sure