Various CPU Temperature Comparisons

Nyt

I'm afraid so. 46c idle 78c loaded for 5 minutes.

Edit: Though that is a true reading, That measurement was taken in the computer room last night. This issue with that is I could not verify the Ambient air temperature. This time I stuck it in the middle of the living room to have a better controlled enviorment. This kept my temperatures consistent as far as inside case temp. This has been consistent @ 72.5F for the last few hows regardless of load. House temp in the area is around 70F

Now to test the Nickel plated HSF.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tested out the Cooler Master Hyper 212+ On the Core I7 920 DO.

Now keep in mind this cooler only costs $30 off the Egg and $35 At my local comp store. This is all done with AS5 Large grain of rice in center method.

Stock settings: all auto except The power saver settings are disabled, Multiplier set @ 21, and Bclk set to 133mhz

Overclocked settings: Bclk 181, Multi 21, Cpu Volts 1.300v, CPU PLL 1.88, QPI/Dram 1.381v, IOH 1.20, LLC on and that puts us @ 3.80Ghz

Stock - Idle: 44c

Load: 66c

Overclocked - Idle: 48c

Load: 85c

Without a second fan this cooler is capable of taking an I7 920DO up to 3.80Ghz @ 1.30v LLC with a final max load temp of 85c hottest. :D :D :D

Pretty good for a cheapo And the best cooler as far as BANG FOR BUCK i have ever owned. Going to order a second fan for it to see what push-pull does. :D

Edit: Got the I7 up to 4.0ghz 1.386 qpi 1.30 vcore llc on. Load temps top out at 92c and idle its a cool 45c... Giggity

A quickie....

Idle

th_Idle.png

Loaded

th_Load.png

Looks like I really really need to clean up my block!!!! Room temp 27.4..

I really should check my pump too.

Edited by Clay

I officially had to turn my CPU back to stock. I was running a mild 400MHz OC on my AthlonII x4 620 during the winter, but now that it is getting warmer here it's time to go back to slow. My ambient air temps went from 55F (meat locker status) to 85F in a matter of a week and a half. Whoever says climate change doesn't exist is retarded :P

As of now, with the high ambient temps and stock speeds, I idle at 32C and max at 50C. When it was cooler, I would max out at 38C and idle at 24C LOL

I officially had to turn my CPU back to stock. I was running a mild 400MHz OC on my AthlonII x4 620 during the winter, but now that it is getting warmer here it's time to go back to slow. My ambient air temps went from 55F (meat locker status) to 85F in a matter of a week and a half. Whoever says climate change doesn't exist is retarded :P

As of now, with the high ambient temps and stock speeds, I idle at 32C and max at 50C. When it was cooler, I would max out at 38C and idle at 24C LOL

Oh yeah it's that time of year again I've got to run my window AC or my gfx card gives errors. Heheh... Good thing I checked my loop as I had a full blown algae bloom in progress.. LOL I thought it a bit odd that my ambient to cpu load delta was a couple of c higher than it should have been.(3-5c normally) So when I finally decided to check it. It was alive!! Mine's just a single core and my cooling is probably something pretty close to okay for it.. I live in AZ it already in the 90's here during the day..(Currently 58.5 outside)

Edited by Clay

ive got a AMD Phenom 9150e, 1.8GHz (no OC), stock cooling, (2) 120mms and (1) 80mm fan on the case

Low temp of 21C, High of 52C under full load

room temps are about 20C

this is a related question about CPU max temps...on core temp, i see a Tj. max (at 115C right now), and i've heard this is somehow supposed to show the max temp safe for the cpu. how does it work?

Oh yeah it's that time of year again I've got to run my window AC or my gfx card gives errors. Heheh... Good thing I checked my loop as I had a full blown algae bloom in progress.. LOL I thought it a bit odd that my ambient to cpu load delta was a couple of c higher than it should have been.(3-5c normally) So when I finally decided to check it. It was alive!! Mine's just a single core and my cooling is probably something pretty close to okay for it.. I live in AZ it already in the 90's here during the day..(Currently 58.5 outside)

Where at in AZ? I'm down in Tucson. Even with the rain it was high 70s here today. Before the rain it was hovering around 90 already lol