Xfire bought out by new owners.

Avinexis

System Broadcast:

Xfire was bought by new owners today. Most of the team that has built Xfire over the last six years is leaving. We enjoyed working for you for the last 127 releases and wish we could stay to create the next 127. Good bye, good luck, and game on. --- The Xfire Team

Mon Aug 02 23:16:12 2010

Well darn. Where do you think this will take Xfire now? I hope I dont end up losing my 829 saved screenshots and 30 odd videos...

I use it and Steam, don't really know why but I do...

That being said I can't say that I would be happy if Xfire was ruined but It wouldn't really be the end of the world as Steam essentially does the same thing.

Don't ruin Xfire please!

First used it in 2005 for Counter-Strike when Steam didn't have a functional "friends" client. Since then I've used it on and off, but it was really due for a redesign of some sorts, as it wasn't growing enough to maintain a dominant position in the PC gaming community.

I use it and Steam, don't really know why but I do...

That being said I can't say that I would be happy if Xfire was ruined but It wouldn't really be the end of the world as Steam essentially does the same thing.

Don't ruin Xfire please!

If Steam could record and remotely store in-game videos and screenshots, broadcast live video of a current game session, handle iTunes through its own interface, track non-steam game hours and list them on an online profile, and a few other things I've probably not thought about, then I wouldn't give a damn about what happens to Xfire :P But until then, Xfire's overlay and user profile service is technically far superior to Steams.

Come to think of it, despite the online game stores, the two aren't really comparible :mellow:

Edited by Danrik

I also have been using xfire for a long time. Since 2004 to be exact. And I hope this doesn't mean they will ruin it. Viacom just built on top of what was already there and didn't ruin anything. But who knows with the new company...

I have been using it for 5 years, have over a hundred (some of them legendary) screenshots, a bunch of videos that remind me of old times. I would be very sad to see xfire get ruined :/

Edited by Jump4h

I've gone from using Xfire as my primary IM client to hardly using it at all anymore. It doesn't work on half the new games I play, or it barely works at all, and so instead I've just been using Steam as its chat function integrates flawlessly into all of my games. I'm guessing xfire is circling the drain and losing users with all of its recent in-game support issues, so someone else bought them out thinking they could do a better job.

Titan Gaming Acquires Xfire

August 2, 2010--Titan Gaming Acquires Xfire

Titan will be taking on the Xfire name, with a focus towards ongoing innovation in the gaming space. The Xfire services will continue uninterrupted for its users. Xfire redefined how gamers communicate, Titan intends to build upon this tradition and utilize the Xfire platform to help gaming companies better engage their users. We look forward to continuing and expanding upon the Xfire service.

--- Raincrow

LINK