[WTS] ECS BLACK SERIES X58B-A LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

El_Capitan

I bought this motherboard on 9/1/2009 for $179 and selling for $100. Anyone looking for a budget i7 920 system, a motherboard at this price is a great deal! I ended up building another system seen below in my sig, but I'm looking to build a 6-core AMD system when the CPU's come out. I already have a local buyer for my i7 920 d0 so just looking to sell the board.

EDIT: djkt, an interested buyer, wanted the latest BIOS flashed and made sure that it still worked. Well, good news, everyone! Before the BIOS version 10/02/08 update that was released on 03/10/2010 for supporting the Gulftown 980X CPU (http://www.ecsusa.com/ECSWebSite/Products/...139&LanID=9), this motherboard was only able to get BCLK to 180. I had worked on this board for overclocking my i7 920 d0 for months to get higher than 3.6 GHZ at Vcore 1.25V, but that was as far as I was able to get to overclocking. It was a known problem with this board, though others have been able to get their BCLK to 185.

However, with the new BIOS, I was able to overclock it to 3.9 GHz stable with my Vcore at 1.35V and BCLK at 195! High temps due to air cooling prevented me from increasing the voltages to get to 4.0 GHz, but it could be possible. The BIOS update seems to hold more stable overclock settings.

If anyone's interested, PM me. I will set-up a Nefsis session you can join to see the motherboard in action via my webcam and shared desktop.

Edited by El_Capitan