The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

I found a nice setup for ranking up shotguns. Any shotgun + Slug shells + Magnum Bullets. It seemed to work good for me on attacking and defending. Was able to get rank up 870 Combat, Saiga, and the Spas-12 shotguns.

th_BFBC2Game2010-03-2423-19-22-06.jpg

Edited by Krazyxazn

I found a nice setup for ranking up shotguns. Any shotgun + Slug shells + Magnum Bullets. It seemed to work good for me on attacking and defending. Was able to get rank up 870 Combat, Saiga, and the Spas-12 shotguns.

th_BFBC2Game2010-03-2423-19-22-06.jpg

Ya shotgun slugs work well but there difficult to master because you have to have really good aim otherwise there useless.

I typically like to use the AA-12 because it has the same specs as the Saiga but full automatic which can be useful in close confrontations.

Edited by fire_storm

The AA-12 is an insane shotgun lol. I hope that doesn't get added into the game. The Saiga is already so powerful in close range being semi-auto.

The AA-12 is already in the game you get it when you reach level 21 and it's a non specific class weapon so it can be used by any class. If you look at the specifics it has the same range and damage and ammo as the saige and the only difference is one is fully automatic and the other is only semi. Full auto doesn't really add any benefit to the gun unless you at a very close range with the regular shotgun bursts. Otherwise trying to shot slugs at full auto just doesn't work even at close range the accuracy drops way to much.

I've always found that the AA-12 works the best if your the assault class otherwise otherwise you run out of ammo to quickly.

New Recon Sniping video. I put this one on 1080p and 60 Mbps bitrate. Still doesn't look good enough :P. I hate YouTube, give me your magic formula.

dude, how can you record 1080p @ 30fps on high w/ a 9800gtx+ while i can get 75-85fps on high 1680x1050 w/ a 4870 but i cant record at 30fps? it doesnt make any sense.

dude, how can you record 1080p @ 30fps on high w/ a 9800gtx+ while i can get 75-85fps on high 1680x1050 w/ a 4870 but i cant record at 30fps? it doesnt make any sense.

It's that magic formula :D.

Recording FULL-SIZE 1920x1200 @ 30 FPS

Graphical settings:

Effects HIGH

Soldiers HIGH

Vehicles HIGH

Overgrowth HIGH

Static Objects HIGH

Detail HIGH

Terrian HIGH

Shadows LOW

Bloom OFF

HBAO OFF

Water HIGH

Textures HIGH

AA 2x

AF 2x

Dx 10

You can also set it to run Dx 9, that should give back 5-10 FPS.

On another note, I got 9 new videos coming up by the end of tonight. All 1080p and three of them are already uploaded. I'll link it when all 9 are uploaded and ready to view. Painfully slow process when my CPU is stuck on stock settings and I can only upload at 250 KB/s. Not bad CPU fan isn't even on 50% and CPU temps at load are 38 C (this is on stock settings thou :D).

May not look as good as my other 1080p video. I'm uploading all of these at 10 Mbps. It looks fine as long as you don't full screen it.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Krazy what are your FPS before recording?

Not sure. I'll run Fraps Benchmark later during a heavy fight and see. I think its fluctuates from 30 - 50. I gets in the 10- 25s during really really really heavy stuff. Like standing next to a tank and blowing it up.

People seem to get upset if they can't play at 60 FPS or above. It doesn't bother me much. I can still get the job done if I got at least 30 FPS. But at 60 FPS it would be a lot smoother, thus be able to play better than I already am.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I've found a deadly combo, M95 with a Red Dot.... it sounds dumb at first, but I run around no scoping everyone and it's tons of fun, I suggest giving it a try

Not sure. I'll run Fraps Benchmark later during a heavy fight and see. I think its fluctuates from 30 - 50. I gets in the 10- 25s during really really really heavy stuff. Like standing next to a tank and blowing it up.

People seem to get upset if they can't play at 60 FPS or above. It doesn't bother me much. I can still get the job done if I got at least 30 FPS. But at 60 FPS it would be a lot smoother, thus be able to play better than I already am.

hmm thats weird. im not too concerned with frame rates, anything over 30 is good enough for me. but its just strange that i can more than double what im trying to record at but its still not possible.

i used to be able to record a while ago good enough. then after a few game updates it decides it doesnt want to. idk maybe i just made all that up in my head.

or possibly its a hardware limitation? i only have 2gigs of ram. not sure if fraps is a memory hog. or is it my hard drive? my OS drive is a "WD Green" so im sure my write speeds arent the greatest ever

Edited by ShallowBay