GPU for F@H?

sdy284

I'm looking to get a new GPU purely for folding for one of my spare rigs. Right now it has a 4650 in it and that cranks out about 1300 ppd. I'm wondering what would be the best GPU (meaning highest PPD) for around $120?

and does anyone know of an up to date list such as this? http://forum.xcpus.com/xtreme-folding-home...comparison.html

I'm looking to get a new GPU purely for folding for one of my spare rigs. Right now it has a 4650 in it and that cranks out about 1300 ppd. I'm wondering what would be the best GPU (meaning highest PPD) for around $120?

and does anyone know of an up to date list such as this? http://forum.xcpus.com/xtreme-folding-home...comparison.html

nvidia tends to net high ppd, I'd aim for that - new or used or doesnt matter?

The 9600GSO (96 shader, 384/768MB version) is quite often cited as the "best bang for buck" folding card with low power consumption and decent PPD if you can still find them. I have two that would give me approx. 8000~8500PPD if on 24/7.

Cheers

Paul

The 9600GSO (96 shader, 384/768MB version) is quite often cited as the "best bang for buck" folding card with low power consumption and decent PPD if you can still find them. I have two that would give me approx. 8000~8500PPD if on 24/7.

Cheers

Paul

I assume that the two added together produce that much PPD?

Not to mention the the 9800 is a power hog and gets HOT

RHKCommander is selling his 260 Max core for $140. Ive already messaged him about it but you are welcome to it if you want it. Not like I need it :P

Edited by Water_Hazard