raid0 caviar black or blue

actionstan

Hi, soon after I get my haf932 and have more room I am going to set up a raid 0 and I already have a single 640 gb western digital caviar blue and was thinking about getting a second one of them for a cheaper route, but was wondering if it would be better to buy two blacks instead if there would be better acess times is my big think but I haven't been able to fine and benches of the blacks, thanks

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, soon after I get my haf932 and have more room I am going to set up a raid 0 and I already have a single 640 gb western digital caviar blue and was thinking about getting a second one of them for a cheaper route, but was wondering if it would be better to buy two blacks instead if there would be better acess times is my big think but I haven't been able to fine and benches of the blacks, thanks

if you already have a blue just get a second, it won't make that much of a difference upgrading to blacks and less worth it if you already have the blue

yea i finally found a hdd tune ran on a caviar black and that there wasnt a huge difference thanks !! :D

post yours up, I want to see how it compares with my dad's Barracuda and my Veloci :)

Barracuda 7200.12 500GB

Seagate7200_12.png

VelociRaptor 300GB

raptor.png

post yours up, I want to see how it compares with my dad's Barracuda and my Veloci :)

does that hdd tune really work ivi? if it does i'll try it on my drives...

will it mess up my raid set ?

Barracuda 7200.12 500GB

Seagate7200_12.png

VelociRaptor 300GB

raptor.png

I bet two of those barracuda's in raid 0 would be retarded lol

any idea how the wd 640 black stacks up against that barracuda?

I have been toying with the Idea of getting a second one and doing raid 0,, my case is getting pretty full now :) so i'm not sure

How big of a difference would it make and where will this performance boost be noticed? (ie.. will load times for games be faster?,, will gameplay be faster?,, I would assume the OS would be faster??)

I bet two of those barracuda's in raid 0 would be retarded lol

any idea how the wd 640 black stacks up against that barracuda?

I have been toying with the Idea of getting a second one and doing raid 0,, my case is getting pretty full now :) so i'm not sure

How big of a difference would it make and where will this performance boost be noticed? (ie.. will load times for games be faster?,, will gameplay be faster?,, I would assume the OS would be faster??)

Idk, hopefully someone will chime in that has a 640gb black. I really love my dad's 7200.12 though, it feels faster than my veloci :wub:

standard 64KB I guess, I never changed the settings (so that we all had a standard). Should I use another size and repost??

na I was just asking for comparisons sake. I had changed mine around and wanted to make sure I was using the right size.

That Barracuda is fast

here are my 3 640 blacks in Raid0

Ivi is right though. If you already have a blue no reason to switch to the blacks