Computer case positioning

Andrewr05

Case position  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Where is your PC case?

• On the left side of my monitor(s)
    • On the right side of my monitor(s)
    • Behind my monitor(s)
    • Below my monitor(s) but still on my desk (Desktop case style)
    • On the floor
    • On a higher or lower shelf
    • Other (please explain)

I was just scrolling through the workstation thread and it got me wondering about case position.

I never put mine on the floor, I don't know why (other than the obvious sucking of dust) but I've just never liked the idea of my case being lower that my monitor.

Where is yours?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine's right behind my monitor...it's kinda funny as both the 32" LCD and my case (right behind it), take up less desk surface area than the 20" CRT TV that preceded it. :)

I don't even put power strips on the floor. Everything is organized well and easily accessible. I'll post a pic once I get it a bit tidy-er.

Mine sits on the floor for now. It sucks dust like a vacuum cleaner, but filters keep it pretty clean. I really have no place else to put it at home. My desk is tiny, and the cable from my subwoofer to my computer is also short. The floor is the only option.

Once I move back to the dorms for fall semester I'll probably have it on my desk.

I used to have mine behind my monitors, on my desk... luckily my desk can support all 99 lbs of it :lol:

But, since I moved into my new place, my speaker stands are on top of my desk, so there's enough room for the case, but then I wouldn't be able to open the front panel/door, or use the DVD drive.

My case is actually TOO TALL to go under my desk! :lol: At the moment it just sits in front of the desk, to my side... until I get longer DVI cables and maybe make a longer audio cable or something, and can put it under my other desk... or maybe I'll get some of those piano wheel carpet protector things and put them under my desk's feet, to get enough room to put it under the main desk lol

Before I moved the case was sitting to the right of the monitor ontop of my desk to help with space restrictions

Since I moved into my condo, I have mine on the floor to the right side of the desk, subwoofer is off to the left with the router sitting atop of it, monitor and everything else use the desk's space. I need to use the desk for when I do team member schedules for work :(

Edited by gotdamojo06

My case is too big to fit on the desk.

Yeah me too I would not imagine having my HAF 932 or Thermaltake Spedo on my desk. Even less my dual-techstation!

Edit: Oops you will have to turn your head on the side!

post-31336-1249607459_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Smith

Mines to the left on the nightstand that used to be next to my bed. I need a bigger desk and I was actually thinking about buying a thin kitchen table because all I want is something long and flat.