Forum Wars - Summer 2009 - How to submit scores

The Smith

Dates:

August 1-14 prelims (Stock score posting) Do NOT bench before or it won't be valid!

Saturday 15th (last minute posting at TRP only!!!)

Sunday the 16th will be an off day for roster submissions

Monday the 17th thru Saturday Sept 5th (go to war)(Database is closed on Sept 2nd)

Thursday Sept 3rd (All disputed scores listed at TRP)

Friday & Saturday Sept 4th & 5th (last minute posting at TRP only)

All deadlines 9pm CST (Texas)

(All Score links and Screenshots must remain active during the war)

(If they are not active you will recieve a zero for a score)

Summerwarz Benchmarks:

3d01

3d06

GBench

SPi w OC bonus (SSw2CPUz&TS)

Cinebench (multi) (SSw2CPUz&TS)

Classes:

Unlimited Xtreme (Anything goes)

LN, DICE, Cascades

Limited Xtreme A Team (4 VGA Cores)

quadfire or less

Phase, Water & Air cooling only

B Team (2 VGA Cores)

crossfire/SLI or less

Water & Air cooling only

C Team (4 VGA Cores)

quadfire or less (no i7)

Water & Air cooling only

D Team (2 VGA Cores)

crossfire/SLI or less (no i7)

Water & Air cooling only

E Team (1 VGA Core)

Dual Core or less (no i7 or quads)

Water & Air cooling only

You must submit your score here.

Instructions:

For 3DMark01 and 3DMark06, you have to sign up for an ORB account and download these:

-->3DMark01

-->3DMark06

When you will complete one of these benchmarks, click on the "Submit Result Online" button. Then, login in your ORB account, if it's not already done. Once you've done that, you can close the web browser and continue benching. The result has been saved. When you're ready to publish your results, come back onto ORB and login. In the left menu, click on "My Results". Next, navigate to your result and click on "Details". Edit the project name in roder to replace the "Untitled" by your forum username(eg. The Smith - OCC). Once you've done that, you can click on "Make Public". You will then get a comparison URL, which you will post in the scoring thread later. You can save it in a text document for quick reference.

For Geekbench, you also need to create an account for the online result browser. Use your username(eg. The Smith - OCC) so we can recognize you. Download the benchmark here. (32-bit version only. 64-bit NOT allowed)

Once you've installed the benchmark and ran it, you will get your score. Click on "Submit". Then, if it's not already done, login with your account. You will now see the same results you got right after running the benchmark. Copy the URL in the address bar of your result browser in a text document for future reference. This is the one you will submit later.

For SuperPI and Cinebench, a screenshot is required instead of a comparison link. You can get the benchmarks over there:

-->SuperPI (Be sure to use the version 1.5.)

-->Cinebench (Release 10)

For SuperPI, you must do the 1M run. For Cinebench, just click on "Multi" at the left and the benchmark will begin. Once it finishes, your score will appear right under the "Multi" button.

When you complete one of these benchmarks, you just have to open a CPU-z tab showing the CPU and another one showing the RAM. Then, hover your mouse over the clock at the right of your taskbar to show a timestamp. Hit "PrtScr" (Print Screen) on your keyboard and open Paint. Click on Edit and then on Paste. Save that as a jpeg. This is what you will post instead of a comparison link.

Once you've done all of that, make a post in the scoring thread. It should contain the comparison links and the screenshot(s).

Moreover, you can determine your score with the calculator.

Example post:

cjloki - OCC: The Buns

E8400

DDR2 PC 8500

(1) GTX260

Air Cooled

Geekbench score: XXXX

Link

3dmark01 score: XXXXX

Link

3dmark06 score: XXXXX

Link

Super Pi Score: XX.XXX

Screenshot

Cinebench score: XXXX.XX

Screenshot

Stock Clock: XXXX

Overclock: XXXX (found on Super Pi result)

Edited by The Smith

I decided to make a new thread so everyone can see it, since the discussion thread is not is not accessible to everyone. If one has questions about that stuff, he can ask here.

And if you see anything wrong in my post, tell me. :)

To Mr. Smith,

Are we going to have a discussion room, that is closed to anyone not on our team?

Also, are we going to have any type of bench off, to determine the individual teams?

Thanks

Inteller

Alright folks. With the overclocked portion of the competition upon us, a couple reminders to help your scores be accepted without issue:

• Geekbench version: 32-bit only and v.2.1.2 or newer (lower versions will not be accepted!)
  • Your Geekbench result must be associated with your name! To accomplish this, all you have to have is a geekbench account and then simply sign in when you submit your result.
  • Your 3DMark scores must be edited to reflect, at the least, your username & forum (i.e. "hokiealumnus - TRP")
  • Do not forget timestamps in your screenshots!
  • Please keep the format the same as above for ease of use when cops score your submissions.

Good luck!

I decided to make a new thread so everyone can see it, since the discussion thread is not is not accessible to everyone. If one has questions about that stuff, he can ask here.

And if you see anything wrong in my post, tell me. :)

i just wanted to thank you smith for the support and ecouragement in getting me up and into this first overclocking competition. you've been a great help....!!

i really thot my numbers would be higher than they are but i'm just gonna accept them for what they are right now because this is my first attempt in competition and because i'm certain that i can do much better than this in the winter when ambient temps are lower here at the house. i've hit higher freqs numerous times but temps start to factor in rather quickly. i'll continue to work on it and try again in the winter session...

:D

thanx again

cj

I would also like to thank The Smith, I very much enjoyed getting as much as I could out of my system, and joining in with the OCC team! My temps were also an issue! But had a lot of fun! I hope during the next wars they put in CrystalMark!

Great Overclocking OCC Team!!!!!

i just wanted to thank you smith for the support and ecouragement in getting me up and into this first overclocking competition. you've been a great help....!!

i really thot my numbers would be higher than they are but i'm just gonna accept them for what they are right now because this is my first attempt in competition and because i'm certain that i can do much better than this in the winter when ambient temps are lower here at the house. i've hit higher freqs numerous times but temps start to factor in rather quickly. i'll continue to work on it and try again in the winter session...

:D

thanx again

cj

I would also like to thank The Smith, I very much enjoyed getting as much as I could out of my system, and joining in with the OCC team! My temps were also an issue! But had a lot of fun! I hope during the next wars they put in CrystalMark!

Great Overclocking OCC Team!!!!!

Hehe thanks guys, I really appreciate it! I also enjoy organizing the OCC team :)

Winter wars is always the best as we can get negative temps while still being on air. I'm also looking forward to it, but we must give all what we can for that current one :)