Socket F Pictures (socket 1207)

I don't see intel moving away from the LGA socket. Their main market is in processors right? So wouldn't they prefer to have the motherboard break rather than the processor? Plus, is many cases the motherboard is cheaper than the CPU.

587836[/snapback]

then you're blind. they already stated that they're going to use the Pentium M as the basis for the next desktop chip. they have also stated that due to public concern they're dumping LGA. it CRUSHED thier sales. even with the 64 bit P4's fixing the cooling issues of prescott and performing pretty well, most people crapped on the because of the LGA socket.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did you read ANY of the thread?

1: Opteron = server chip

2: who the hell knows, no ETA from AMD

3: dual core, multiple HT links, DDR 2 / 3 dual channel support for multiple mem controllers per socket

Intel would probably also sink if not for their other markets, such as flash memory, etc. They've had a hard enough time with all their flops (DDR2 is now $27 for a 512 stick, I'm surprised you can even find RD-RAM anymore), and AMD has been gnawing at their ankles it seems. However, they still have the consumer market with Dell and all that.

Intel would probably also sink if not for their other markets, such as flash memory, etc. They've had a hard enough time with all their flops (DDR2 is now $27 for a 512 stick, I'm surprised you can even find RD-RAM anymore), and AMD has been gnawing at their ankles it seems

588005[/snapback]

Yes, cuz over 80% market penetration is definitely a sure sign that you're failing as a company.

Yes, cuz over 80% market penetration is definitely a sure sign that you're failing as a company.

588014[/snapback]

When 80% becomes 79% and that become 76%...yes you are failing...solid 80% = failing, bc then you not getting better and pulling ahead, 80% to 81% = getting better and that designer @ Intel not getting fired and well anyway you get the idea of what I'm saying I'm sure.