Id Vs. Evolution In Public Schools

Aristotle

Guest Batman

Here is my take on the whole thing.. I think that Evolution should be taught... If the parents dont want their children to learn this thats there choice. They can then have the option of putting their kids in a religious school, or have the child removed from that class while it is taught... Or if it is like biology where the subject constantly comes up I suggest that the child be able to take a seconday class like Chemestry to meet graduation requirements. I know a bunch of bible bangers wont like this, But I think that they shouldent push their views on public education.. I think it needs to be taught. If you belive it is your own choice. I personaly belive in god. But I think that god created life to evolve like it says in the bible from my prespective, it really depends on how you look at things.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyber:

1. Not enough information supplied for that question to be answered.

2. Because a telephone pole is the product of a now-dead object, which is a tree, that produces energy via the photosynthetic process, it can neither create energy, nor does it have the proper organs and extremeties to eat at a picnic table.

3. 7 is a digit, while blue can be several things. We'll assume now that it's a color for this question. Assuming that you mean 7 nanometers, 427~497. Assuming you mean the color blue, then that question can also not be answered in a traditional sense. However, in a non-traditional sense, 7 blues.

4. If you don't like these threads, then don't post in them, and ignore them. If you have the mental capacity to come up with those questions, one would expect for you to be able to ignore things you don't like on an online forum.

Thank you.

Because what was up here was useless, it's now gone.

The way your presenting your argument, you're pretty much saying that because we don't know how things ultimately came to be, it must of been made by a divine creator. We hardly comprehend time and existence right now. Most religions were formed to answer questions such as that, and to give some people a peace of mind, or a way to scare their kids into doing the right things.

This debate could go on forever without getting anywhere. The way I see it, we've barely begun to scratch the surface of physics, and while our minds are very complex, we still are unable to grasp time and existence in their raw forms. Hell, I still don't see why nothing can travel faster then c, and why part of a signal sped up past that would not remain light.

Well, I'll leave this debate for now and agree to disagree with you, while I go try to understand quantum phsyics some more.

553688[/snapback]

I am POINTING OUT a lot more than just the RAW FACT OF EXISTENCE. I am pointing out that the existence that we see around us OBVIOUSLY HAS A VERY SOPHISTICATED AND ELEGANT DESIGN that even the smartest wo/man cannot even begin to grasp but must content him/herself with specializing in studying some very tiny part of the natural laws we have discovered so far.

AGAIN, if you went to Mars tomorrow and found a B52 (which design cannot compare to the design of say the Sun) sitting on its surface, would you say that it's JUST THERE AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE ??

posted this in another thread, but I wanteed it to be seen in this one as well:

IMO,

ID is NOT a theory. It is an idea that people are reluctant to prove or disprove.

Evolution IS a theory. It is backed by EVIDENCE.

ID is an incredibly convenient and novel idea to follow. Cannot find evidence? You can:

a) interpret 2000 year old book to say what you want it to

b) say that this doesn't need to be proven because

-God can do anything he wants, even if it seems impossible

-it is dictated by faith

-Who needs to prove this when it is definitely true as long as evolution is not a law that is assumed true?

Evolution is backed with quite a bit of logic. "Logic?!," I hear you cry, "Who needs logic? The creation myth is written right in this here leather-bound book. You cannot deny that irrefutable evidence."

If you need to find evidence for evolution, you can:

a) read some books that speak of this

b) conduct your own studies and observations

c) do some logical common-sense thinking for a bit (if you haave knowledge of the subject)

I am sorry if that was incoherent.

A few night ago, i participated in the big ID v. Evolution debate onm digg.com. These things get to the point that evidence for ID is not required to prove it is true, but you HAVE to have no holes whatsoever for evolution to be valid.

Ex.:

Evolutionist: "There is evidence everywhere that the world is older that ~6000 years."

ID-ist: "So? God could have created the world so it looked really, really old from the get-go. God can do anything."

These things just annoy me. you can never win.

hey guys, i know this could be taken as slightly off topic, but if you compare the two theorys side by side. the evolution theory pretty much explains the creation "theory" if thats what u call it in a scientific way, although not down to the T, but it does sort of explain it in some ways... just a thought. :)

hey guys, i know this could be taken as slightly off topic, but if you compare the two theorys side by side.  the evolution theory pretty much explains the creation "theory" if thats what u call it in a scientific way, although not down to the T, but it does sort of explain it in some ways... just a thought.  :)

553989[/snapback]

No, it does not explain ID or Creationism. Evolution proposes no theory or posit that contains any religious reference.

As I was saying in another topic, where is the proof for life comming out of nothing. No one has showed me that life can come out of non-life. Untill that is proven I am going to believe that evolution and ID co-exist. So if someone would please give me proof...a scientist reproducing life from chemicals or anything of the sort, then I will rethink my beliefs.

thespin, how is a B52 on mars relevant to this topic? i dont think that giving completely random hypothetical evidence is helping at all. and what you said about the sun being an incredibly complex masterpeice, i dont think it is so. this sun is a ball of hydrogen and helium that came together because of mutual gravitational attraction of the atoms. it gives off energy (in many forms) because of the nuclear fusion that began when the pressure and heat inside rose to sufficient levels (also due to gravity). if i need to explain nuclear fusion to make even clearer how completely un-mystical the sun is, please feel free to ask.