New Mushkin Redline!

i just got my 2x512 mushkin redline xp4000. supposedly good stuff.

i'm using a DFI LP nf4 Ultra-D. i set jumper 17 to positions 2 and 3, so that i can use the higher voltage. and i set the dram voltage controler to 3.4v. but now i can't boot, it usually restarts after the xp loading bar finishes. am i forgetting anything?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that is exellent ram.

Ok, let me get this right you upped the dram voltage to 3.4v's from stock without increasing anything else? Start out with a little less voltage and see what happens.

Yes, that is exellent ram.

Ok, let me get this right you upped the dram voltage to 3.4v's from stock without increasing anything else? Start out with a little less voltage and see what happens.

522674[/snapback]

i was under the impression that that is what voltage it needed to opperate. also, i tried it on 2.6 and 3.0, and 3.3. same thing.

edit: i also just started at 2.6 and stepped it all the way back to 3.3. same thing every single time

Edited by ickler

Ok, post all the info of your rig (eg. cpu, psu, etc.). If you set the voltage to 3.4v the first time you booted the rig then there is a likely chance you fried the ram. Will the rig boot into safe mode?

Ok, post all the info of your rig (eg. cpu, psu, etc.). If you set the voltage to 3.4v the first time you booted the rig then there is a likely chance you fried the ram. Will the rig boot into safe mode?

522781[/snapback]

:withstupid: Many mobos and ram will oc far if only if you take it in small steps - trying to boot first time with high voltage or big oc can be problematic. Did you have ram cooling? With 3.4v ddr will get hotter then you think without some air going over it.

:withstupid:  Many mobos and ram will oc far if only if you take it in small steps - trying to boot first time with high voltage or big oc can be problematic. Did you have ram cooling? With 3.4v ddr will get hotter then you think without some air going over it.

522784[/snapback]

yea, i had an 80mm fan over it, and also i started it in 2.6 and it wouldnt boot.

the rig is:

Thermaltake PurePower 680w

AMD 64 3700+ San Diego

DFI LanParty UT Ultra-D

ATI X700

and then the redline ram

im gonna update the bios and then run memtest

Edited by ickler

Guest Raven65

???????, why did we oc the ram with out doing anything else? Also per Mushkin do you have a ram cooler fan on those things. They tell you you need one.

???????, why did we oc the ram with out doing anything else? Also per Mushkin do you have a ram cooler fan on those things. They tell you you need one.

522903[/snapback]

yea, i had an 80mm fan over it. and also i put it in on stock voltage and it wouldn't boot, so i was under the impression that it needed more to operate properly. i didnt just pop it in and set it to 3.3

See if you can test the RAM in another system. If the RAM works in another system, then you probably have a bad board or some other problem. If not, then try each stick separately; it's possible that one of them could be bad.

It's possible that you could have just gotten bad RAM. Look up the RMA policy of where you got it from. I know Newegg will replace it no problem. If the place you got it from won't replace it, then just use Mushkin's warranty service. Either way, you shouldn't worry about getting potentially bad RAM easily replaced.

See if you can test the RAM in another system. If the RAM works in another system, then you probably have a bad board or some other problem. If not, then try each stick separately; it's possible that one of them could be bad.

It's possible that you could have just gotten bad RAM. Look up the RMA policy of where you got it from. I know Newegg will replace it no problem. If the place you got it from won't replace it, then just use Mushkin's warranty service. Either way, you shouldn't worry about getting potentially bad RAM easily replaced.

523078[/snapback]

yea i memtested them together while i was at work, and got alot of errors. i'm going to test each stick tomorrow. im just hoping nothing i did caused the ram to go bad. but i do remember it wouldnt boot on stock voltage, when i first put it in. [and yea, i got it from newegg]

but now i put the ram i was using, that i know is good, back in. and i'm still getting a stop error on boot up. im memtesting that ram right now to double check that isnt bad either. but now im getting the error with the different ram? i mean come on.

what is the error message you are getting at bootup? Can you boot into safe mode?

523103[/snapback]

sometimes i don't get an error message, and it just restarts. sometimes i do and its a bsod stop erro that flashes so fast i can barely see it. it says something about the system initialization manager, and then some hex value, and the system is shutting down.

edit UPDATE: ok, i managed to get a picture of it before it flashed away.

it says:

"STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

The Session Manager Initialization system process...

status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x00000000)

The system has been shut down."

and no, i get the same problem when i try and boot into safe mode. also, i memtested the ram im currently using [the stuff i had before the redline] for 6 hours and not a single error. so i dont think its the ram

Edited by ickler