Which Photomanagement Software Do You Use?

Vasto

Which photomanagement software do you use?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which photomanagement software do you use?

• Picassa
    • Picassa 2
    • ACD See
    • Other
    • None

Recently, I have been thinking of switching to Picassa from ACD See. I was wondering what other people use, and why.

i used to use ACDSee (in windows 98) but now i just sort my pictures into folders and rename through good ol' Windows Explorer...

i haven't had to use batch renaming though... so if i ever have to rename a series (e.g. image_xx, 01 to 99) then i'd probably check out picasa to see if you could do this...

i haven't had to use batch renaming though... so if i ever have to rename a series (e.g. image_xx, 01 to 99) then i'd probably check out picasa to see if you could do this...

448196[/snapback]

I do that often... but I use a program called, Advanced Batch Converter for that. It's not free, but does a great job, and can also convert between different formats as it renames. ;) To be honest, I don't know if Picasa can do this... I'll have to look when I get home now. :P

I store most of my images in (sub)folders is well. Usually inside of My Docs\My Pix\, however I've got a seperate area (on another drive) for OCC related logos, banners, and buttons that I've created over time. Then when I work on reviews/guids, I keep all that in another area as well... since a normal review can have close to 100 pics at first, using Picasa makes it easy to go through and see what pics turned out good, and what sucks... those that suck can be deleted at once.

I've found Picasa easier to use the Cannon Zoombrowser (which caused problems on one of my systems). It also works well with my HP All-In-One printer.

I use several photo programs for different things.

I usually manage the folders from whatever program I'm in, file>open, or "My Pictures".

To crop/resize I use MS Office Picture Manager, it lets me crop with a fixed aspect ratio and has presets for size, works fast when I'm in a hurry.

To add text to a photo, Arc Soft Photo Impression. Lots of text options, shadows, etc...click and drag text boxes.

Picassa 2 (free) is good for making fast fixes to color/brightness/warmth, etc...

Adobe Elements 2 is what I use to "save for web", download screenshots, more advanced photo touch-ups, drop shadows, layers.

Firegraphic (free) to download pics from the camera, view a slideshow, change wallpaper.

Photofiltre (free) is IMHO the best free photo program, I use it for off the wall photo effects, there's a lot of them.

Ulead PhotoImpact, I got it free from my web host, is a photoshop level program which I use when I can't do what I want in another program. The one drawback is that it thinks it's the boss of my photo programs and takes a long time to open, like Adobe.

I use ACDSee.. I tried out picasa2 for a while and quite liked it, but it didn't have anything extra to make it worth switing across permanently. I will check out the next version of it (considering it's free) and re-evaluate then.