freddie's Content

There have been 746 items by freddie (Search limited from 22-February 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2087399 The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

Posted by freddie on 04 May 2013 - 03:17 AM in Entertainment

Movies

• Parker
  • Inception
  • Stranger than Fiction
  • The Departed
  • Gone in sixty seconds

Shows

• Rules of Engagement S07E11
  • Graceland S01E01

#2086696 Samsung Galaxy S4 thread

Posted by freddie on 28 April 2013 - 06:26 AM in Miscellaneous Hardware

I can type faster than a virtual keyboard and more accurately than both voice and virt. keyb. (no "guessing" what I want to type because I'm typing what i want to type) Plus all these phones are getting bigger and bigger *because* half the screen is taken by the stupid virtual keyboard when in use. Like my phone is nearly a true laptop replacement because I can goto full websites and not have to worry about a virtual keyboard all the time. All my screen is used as viewable area even while I type. Emulated games require to have a physical keyboard for anything more than subpar enjoyment. (I can fluidly play super smash bros. on my phone because I have real feedback and usable screen) Also typing alot of symbols is lightning fast with real function keys.

+2

I also prefer a physical kb.

#2086683 What GPU Control Program do you use?

Posted by freddie on 28 April 2013 - 05:53 AM in Video Cards and Monitors

I've used both RivaTuner and Afterburner. The latter takes the cake for me.

Even though I rarely use it.

#2086491 Pros and Cons of multi display

Posted by freddie on 26 April 2013 - 08:52 AM in Video Cards and Monitors

I have 3 monitors for my home setup, one for TV, one for gaming and one for web. The only cons are price and having to upgrade your GPU's more often and always having 2 GPU's.

You don't really need two GPU's...

#2086468 The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

Posted by freddie on 26 April 2013 - 05:48 AM in Entertainment

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

#2086457 Multiple Chrome instances?

Posted by freddie on 26 April 2013 - 03:12 AM in Software

I just wish you could open all your previous tabs without reloading everything... but my fix for that is to pull out my wireless adaptor when I open chrome then reattach it when all the pages come up dead XD

FF does that automatically if you uncheck "Don't load tabs unitl selected" in preferences.

[EDIT]

Provided you have "Show my windows and tabs from last time" seleceted under the "When Firefox Starts:" dropdown box

#2086365 The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

Posted by freddie on 25 April 2013 - 08:46 AM in Entertainment

Movies:

Gangster Squad
Welcome to the Punch
Jack Reacher
Source Code

Shows:

Rules of Engagement S07E10

#2086363 Multiple Chrome instances?

Posted by freddie on 25 April 2013 - 08:40 AM in Software

FIREFOX FTW!

#2086228 Splitters and Router question/help?

Posted by freddie on 24 April 2013 - 07:20 AM in Networking and Internet

I know Wev said it'll work but check the manual for that router model as some of them explicitly say do not connect a printer via usb blah blah blah

something do with print spooling iirc

or you can just try and if it works.. it works :D

#2086218 How many people are getting Windows 8?

Posted by freddie on 24 April 2013 - 04:34 AM in OS: Microsoft

Oh really.

We have had close to 70 laptops returned from old folks. So far I have not met one old person that has enjoyed it at all. They either want a Win 7 Laptop or 8 deleted and Win 7 installed.

Its frusting and very time consuming :(

A lot of this is just ignorance of the OS. When I take about 30 minutes and show them how to use it, every client I have has been happy with it.

That's not really practicable. Windows 8 is terrible for old timers.

#2086217 How many people are getting Windows 8?

Posted by freddie on 24 April 2013 - 04:31 AM in OS: Microsoft

In my opinion Microsoft should have released a service pack 2 for Win7 that allowed for the choice of enabling touchscreen use. At one time Service Packs were were almost the size of the original OS install, with small patches released in between. Windows 8 sales couldn't be worse if you tried. Windows Blue is the only chance Microsoft has to recover as 45% of commercial/corporate customers still use XP, and its support ends in 12 months.

ummm. Windows 7 also supported touchscreen?

and service packs don't add features these days IIRC

#2086099 can my motherboard?

Posted by freddie on 23 April 2013 - 05:11 AM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

Snap! Double post I do apologise! :no:

(When I first clicked post my PC didn't seem to acknowledge it or do anything so I clicked it again.)

@ Paul, when this happens to me I find after I click post if it hangs just refresh the page and it uploads the post, saves on double posts. :teehee:

I also do this. Never click post twice!

I've never double posted as far as I can tell ;P

#2086096 Futurama to end.

Posted by freddie on 23 April 2013 - 04:57 AM in Entertainment

Honestly its nice to see the show go on its own accord. I always like it when a show knows that they are running out of steam. It shows you that they really care about it, and that they don't want to keep producing it to milk it (cough simpsons cough)... 

More like Family Guy. :lol:

Don't forget to include South Park in there too. seems like in recent times for every one episode that's half decent there are 5+ that are just taking the piss out of the latest celebrity / hot topic.

OT: shame about Futurama though. wouldn't mind if they could convince someone to let them keep doing the straight to dvd movies as a consolation.

Southpark has almost always been about taking the piss out of the latest celebrity / hot topic?

#2086086 Futurama to end.

Posted by freddie on 22 April 2013 - 10:14 PM in Entertainment

mehhh

#2086064 Windows 8.1/Blue and the return of the Start Button

Posted by freddie on 22 April 2013 - 06:54 PM in OS: Microsoft

I'm not sure about the control panel search but the start screen search is wank.

#2086061 Unofficial CHEEEEEESE Thread

Posted by freddie on 22 April 2013 - 06:45 PM in OCC Member's Lounge

Danish feta is the shit.

#2086001 Windows 8.1/Blue and the return of the Start Button

Posted by freddie on 22 April 2013 - 09:30 AM in OS: Microsoft

tell me again why i bought win8 ?

Windows 8 is fine.  Install Classic Shell and there is nothing wrong with it. 

i prefer 8 myself, ITS THE RIBBON IN EXPLORER!

I also like the whole "square" look

I hate it when people make stupid and unreasonable comments about 8 but there is a bit of a learning curve there especially with the default setup. Its usually the people who haven't tried it.. and just regurgitate the same cries from any half baked writer from any half arsed tech site. Its not for everyone but ffs it gets annoying when people repeatdely cry over the same thing.

Windows 8 can be frustrating and is definitely not for everyone, I don't recommed it at all BUT its nowhere near as bad as suggested by many.

#2085808 Photo resize help

Posted by freddie on 21 April 2013 - 12:07 AM in OCC Member's Lounge

Your neighbour has a nice car

#2085468 [shame]HD7990 ES sold for $96,100

Posted by freddie on 18 April 2013 - 03:16 PM in OCC Member's Lounge

but what is the difference between this 7990 and the one already released? (devil 7990)

The devil 7990 is not "official", Powercolor just put 2 7970s together and called it  a 7990. Same thing with the ASUS 7990 Ares II.

#2085467 How many people are getting Windows 8?

Posted by freddie on 18 April 2013 - 03:12 PM in OS: Microsoft

The biggest misconception about win8 is "its great on touch" pffft

its excellent in a desktop environment as well.

Yup using Windows 8 right now. Got used to it and wouldn't go back to 7

Don't you just love the new explorer?