ClayMeow's Content

There have been 51 items by ClayMeow (Search limited from 18-March 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2166853 Official OCC 2018 Christmas Contest

Posted by ClayMeow on 18 December 2018 - 09:06 AM in OCC News & Announcements

Good luck, everyone. OCC rules!

#2166120 Intel Fall Desktop Launch Event

Posted by ClayMeow on 11 October 2018 - 08:53 PM in OCC News & Announcements

Completely agree, Onion, but I think it's more than just AMD finally putting up a fight - it's that the market is finally starting to push the CPU limits. For so long, it was always about your GPU for gamers and the mainstream, but now with "creation" exploding and so many people wanting to game and stream at the same time, there's finally a reason for many people to upgrade CPUs they haven't upgraded in 5+ years. One of the Intel reps thinks the 9900K will be comparable to the 2600K back in the day, where the latter was practically the go-to CPU for anyone building or upgrading a PC at the time.

PS. Sorry for the delay in getting the article posted... when I got home on Tuesday, I had no power (along with 179 homes in the area). Needless to say, I was not happy.

#2163018 Fantasy Football 2017

Posted by ClayMeow on 26 December 2017 - 03:59 PM in OCC Member's Lounge

Bring out the broom - I won both leagues, suckers! :P

#2163017 Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Posted by ClayMeow on 26 December 2017 - 03:57 PM in Entertainment

Absolutely loved it. I'd say it's the second best Star Wars movie to date after Rogue One.

#2163016 Official OCC 2017 Christmas Contest

Posted by ClayMeow on 26 December 2017 - 03:54 PM in OCC News & Announcements

Congrats, guys!

#2159276 Cross-platform Play Coming to Blizzard's Overwatch

Posted by ClayMeow on 02 April 2017 - 06:18 PM in OCC Front Page News

¯\_(?)_/¯

#2159248 Cross-platform Play Coming to Blizzard's Overwatch

Posted by ClayMeow on 01 April 2017 - 08:38 AM in OCC Front Page News

Blizzard has announced that cross-platform play will be coming to its critically acclaimed, award-winning, mega-hit Overwatch by the end of the month, allowing PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One gamers to play together for the first time. In order to not disrupt the current competitive season, cross-platform play will only exist for Quick Play, Arcade, and Custom games when it launches, but will come to competitive mode when Season 5 kicks off.

"Blizzard Entertainment has always been a PC games company first and foremost," explained Game Director Jeff Kaplan. "By implementing cross-platform play, our console players will see first-hand just how inferior they are to their PC counterparts. There will be no aim-assist for controller users; no handicaps." It's generally known that keyboard-and-mouse provides greater accuracy and response times compared to gamepads, which is why developers tend to shy away from cross-platform play in competitive shooters, but it sounds like Blizzard no longer cares about hurting the egos of console gamers.

To go alongside the launch of cross-platform play, Competitive Season 5 will introduce a new rank below Bronze called 'Scrub', which Kaplan "fully expect[s] will be the majority of console gamers."

Overwatch will be celebrating its one-year anniversary next month.

Source: Press Release

Back to original news post

#2158307 Micro Machines World Series Announced by Codemasters and Deep Silver

Posted by ClayMeow on 21 January 2017 - 08:30 AM in OCC Front Page News

No, there were micromachines games way back in the day, like late 90s. Definitely different than re-volt...back then at least it was always a top-down perspective. Either way, it's one of the best local-mp games for PC!

#2158264 Stolen Razer Laptops for Sale in China

Posted by ClayMeow on 14 January 2017 - 10:37 AM in OCC Front Page News

This all sounds like a PR ploy since nobody gave a shit about these laptops to begin with...they're just keeping them in the news.

#2157972 Update On the OCC Christmas Contest and whats to come

Posted by ClayMeow on 24 December 2016 - 05:10 PM in OCC News & Announcements

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

#2157056 Nintendo Announces New Nintendo Switch Console (Formerly NX)

Posted by ClayMeow on 21 October 2016 - 03:01 PM in OCC Front Page News

Once again, the only thing Nintendo has going for it is its first-party titles. If that's not a good enough reason to spend the money, there are way better options out there (and I'm not even talking the PS4/XBO). It's running an NVIDIA Tegra chip, which means it's essentially an Android device. All NVIDIA has to do is create gamepad attachments for its SHIELD Tablet line and you have a product that beats the Switch in every way. That can already connect to a TV (including 4K), has AAA games built directly for it, access to all Android games (and apps, which means every video service), and can stream games from your PC (or NVIDIA's cloud service). I also think it's obvious Nintendo will release multiple attachment types to provide optimal controls for each game type, which is an idea stolen from the SMACH Z handheld PC - which like the SHIELD would beat the Switch in every way if you discount Nintendo's first-party titles. It too can connect to a TV.

#2154182 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition Reviewed

Posted by ClayMeow on 17 May 2016 - 01:36 PM in OCC News & Announcements

Very impressive card!

For those already running a Titan X or 980 Ti, it doesn't seem worth the money, but for anyone actually in the market for a new GPU, I don't see any reason to get anything but this.

#2153927 Tune Into NVIDIA's Twitch Stream Tonight for a Special Event

Posted by ClayMeow on 06 May 2016 - 10:59 AM in OCC Front Page News

This just in: Everyone who purchased an NVIDIA card within the past five years gets a GTX 1080 for free!

#2153763 Cyberpunk 2077

Posted by ClayMeow on 28 April 2016 - 12:49 PM in Gaming

'bout time there's some news on this.

#2153622 What Are Your "HONEST" Opinions On Windows 10?

Posted by ClayMeow on 20 April 2016 - 04:28 PM in OS: Microsoft

Since introduction of Windows 8 everything seems to simple yet so complicated. Advanced (not so) options like network configuration is like so hidden... I prefer Windows 7.

Is like the 8 and 10 are for Tablets, Smart TV because the "MENU" is just.... I need a desktop with icons not that cellphone oriented menu...

It's comments like these that make me believe you (and those that say these claims) never actually tried Win10, and are just going by what you assume based on 8 (or worse, hearsay)

#2153557 DOOM

Posted by ClayMeow on 18 April 2016 - 06:27 AM in Gaming

I installed it, but never got around to playing it. After reading your comments, I'm glad I didn't waste my time, especially with it locked at 1080p. Ah well; not like I would have bought it at launch anyway.

#2153366 Decided it was time for a little PhysX experiment

Posted by ClayMeow on 07 April 2016 - 09:21 AM in Video Cards and Monitors

I never actually took the time to run the benches myself (because I was lazy), but I assumed what you described would happen for the simple reason that tech has progressed. Even though the 980Ti has to work a little harder to handle both graphics and PhysX, it's so far ahead of the 560, that it can do both and still come out ahead. The only way I can see a dedicated PhysX card actually improving things when it comes to gaming would be if the card was the same as the card you're using for graphics, but then at that point, why wouldn't you just SLI?

#2153243 warning points

Posted by ClayMeow on 01 April 2016 - 08:20 AM in OCC Member's Lounge

The more points you get, the more "badass" you are? :whistling:

Except I'm pretty sure only yourself and us staff members actually see your warning points, so only you'll know how "badass" you are, not other members....while us staff members just think of you minus the "bad" part ;) ;)

#2153177 Hacker Sneaks Game Onto Steam Without Valve's Approval

Posted by ClayMeow on 30 March 2016 - 08:08 AM in OCC Front Page News

Valve rewards hackers for finding vulnerabilities, as long as they don't act maliciously, so this kid could be seeing a pretty nice check for very little work... and maybe even a job in the future.

To be fair, any decent code review *should* have caught this. Basic premise in design is to never trust the client.

Very true. I never really thought to check what language Valve was using. I'm a JS programmer...if I knew they utilized js/ajax, maybe I could have collected that "bounty" :lol:

#2153167 Hacker Sneaks Game Onto Steam Without Valve's Approval

Posted by ClayMeow on 30 March 2016 - 06:16 AM in OCC Front Page News

Valve rewards hackers for finding vulnerabilities, as long as they don't act maliciously, so this kid could be seeing a pretty nice check for very little work... and maybe even a job in the future.