zungkono's Content

There have been 100 items by zungkono (Search limited from 25-March 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1500631 Problems mounting TR Ultra 120 Extreme on DFI SLI-DR Expert

Posted by zungkono on 15 June 2007 - 08:07 PM in Overclocking and Cooling

@brinco : do you have metal backplate to replace the default plastic backplate from expert ?
I have ordered it too, for my Ultra-D or my Expert.
and how about the retention kit? is it included ?

#1187116 Help, WD Raptor on Sil 3114 can not boot

Posted by zungkono on 03 March 2006 - 09:02 PM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

Once drives are part of a RAID array, you need to "break" the array before separating or moving the drives. Otherwise they drives will always tell a RAID controller that they are part of an array and cause problems.

You will need to wipe the drives that were part of an array before trying to build a new array.

Use the search to find the threads that cover this topic.

BTW The SIL controller is not as fast as the nVidia SATA controller. You should try to use the nVidia controller whenever possible.

my WD Raptor(as Windows operating system) is not in Raid mode.

now, my configuration :
mainboard : dfi expert
proc : opt148
mem : geil tccd 2x512
hdd :
SATA1 (nv chip) --> WD Raptor 74GB (as OS)
SATA2 (nv chip) --> WD Caviar 320GB
SATA3&4 (nv chip) --> 2 x Hitachi Desktar 160GB SATA II on Raid0
SATA5 (sil3114 chip) --> Seagate 80GB (has an OS on this drive)

I bought 4 x Hitachi Desktar 250GB SATAII that I wanted to build as Raid0+1, need 4 SATA that can run as SATA generation II so I choosed nv chip(4 SATA fully used), then I moved the WD Raptor contained OS to sil3114.
the config became :
mainboard : dfi expert
proc : opt148
mem : geil tccd 2x512
hdd :
SATA1-4 (nv chip) --> 4 x Hitachi Desktar 250GB SATAII in Raid0+1
SATA5 (sil3114 chip) --> WD Raptor 74GB
SATA6 (sil3114 chip) --> Seagate 80GB
SATA7(sil3114 chip) --> WDCaviar 320GB

if I choose boot priority --> Seagate 80GB then work normally
but if I choose boot priority --> WD Raptor 74GB then wont boot

#1186922 Help, WD Raptor on Sil 3114 can not boot

Posted by zungkono on 03 March 2006 - 05:53 PM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

I have used two 36G WD Raptors in RAID 0 on the SIL3114 controller without problems.

I agree with the previous poster ... you need two 74G Raptors to use the RAID drivers on the SIL3114 controller chip.

The problem appears to be that the DFI Drivers disk contains only the RAID drivers (0, 1, 0+1, and 5) for the SIL3114 chip.

You need to go to the Silicon Image website ( http://www.siliconimage.com/ ) and download the non-RAID driver from there.

But why would you do that? The SIL3114 runs drives slower than the NF4 chip does.

Usually I use my Raptor on SATA1 (nv chip) and 2x160GB Hitachi SATA2 on SATA3+4 (raid0), but now I want my Raptor on SATA5(sil3114) cause I build new raid0+1 (4x250GB Hitachi SATA2), so no room anymore on my nv chip
I have install the drive for non-raid, If I use my Raptor on nvchip then I install 3 HDD(non raid) on SATA5,6,7(sil 3114), they are detected as 3 HDD,
but my raptor still cant boot from sil3114. Its different with my Seagate as OS can boot from nv chip or sil3114:confused:

#1182809 Help, WD Raptor on Sil 3114 can not boot

Posted by zungkono on 27 February 2006 - 08:38 PM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

It should be listed on DFI's main website, just choose the one that says non-raid and DOESN'T say 64 bit. :) If its not listed in the Expert board section you could try the Sli-DR as it should also have the same driver.

You'll also need to set the controller to SATA in the Bios, its on the Genie Bios menu.

I have set the controller to SATA in Genie BIOS menu, I can use my Seagate as OS on SATA5(sil3114 chip) but WDRaptor have problem, is it the HDD problem?

#1182699 Help, WD Raptor on Sil 3114 can not boot

Posted by zungkono on 27 February 2006 - 07:20 PM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

First time, I installed WD Raptor on SATA1(nv chip) and Seagate on SATA5(sil 3114 chip).
When installing, windows only detect WD Raptor then I choosed WD Raptor for my OS. After finished and booted into windows again, Windows give a message to install driver then I inserted disc that contain nf4 driver, so Mass storage driver installed.
I turned off my computer, changed the WD Raptor to SATA5 (sil 3114 chip).
I turned on my comp, but won't boot into Windows "Disk write error occure
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del".

But this methode worked for my Seagate.

Note : I wan to install non-raid sata driver, but I don't know which one?

#1181669 Help, WD Raptor on Sil 3114 can not boot

Posted by zungkono on 26 February 2006 - 08:15 PM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

Dear friend, I have problem with my system, dfi expert + wd raptor.
Usually I put my WD Raptor (as OS) on SATA 1(nv chipset).

This day I want to change it to SATA 5(sil 3114) because I want to install raid 0+1(4x250GB Hitachi Desktar SATA II) on SATA1-4(nv raid0+1), but it couldnt boot.

When POST appear message "Disk read error occured, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del"
I have enabled "Sil 3114" as SATA and installed Sil 3114 storage mass driver.

The strange thing is my Seagate can boot on Sil 3114 (SATA5)

Is WD Raptor not compatible with Sil 3114 ?:confused:
Is there another way to boot with WD Raptor on Sil3114 ?

#1179394 DFI Expert:are there any new bios?

Posted by zungkono on 23 February 2006 - 10:03 PM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

Are you running the Expert mobo? I can't tell from your specs as it just says SLI-DR? Thanks for the reply, much apprecaited!

yes, sorry miss type

#1179260 DFI Expert:are there any new bios?

Posted by zungkono on 23 February 2006 - 07:40 PM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

I have the DFI Expert and have been using a 2GB kit of GSkill (2GBHZ) for about a month now and have had no problems with the DFI Official 12/07/05 BIOS version. Well my Mushkin Redline XP4000 (UTT) just got back today from RMA and I was wondering if it is possible/advised to run UTT RAM with any BIOS except the modded E704-2BT version (Because this version uses "-2" romsip which to my knowledge is optimized for UTT/BH-5)?

Can I run the modules on this official DFI BIOS (12/07)? I have tried to browse the threads looking through members signitures to see what RAM/BIOS combinations their using (Members who have the Expert mobo) but on the ones who are using UTT RAM none of the one I saw listed the BIOS they were using. I will continue looking but would love some help in the meantime as I'd like to install this RAM again! Thanks guys for all your help!

I use bios 12/7. it's fine for my geil bh5 (FSB255 3.6v prime stable), but it's dificult for me to fine the correct setting for geil tccd at FSB270...

#1177393 DFI Expert:are there any new bios?

Posted by zungkono on 22 February 2006 - 09:57 AM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

Can you elaborate a little Tony ?

I've also had a lot of issues with my PT rev. 2 sticks which were good for DDR620 2.5-4-3-8-1T on my Ultra-D (TCCD431 ;) ). My Expert board really struggles with 300Mhz with both kits of rev. 2.

It all boils down to drive strength. The wrong drive strength was unstable for the TCCD even at 250Mhz. Right now I'm on Data drive strength of 1 (reduce 50%) and DRAM drive strength of 7. Latency's are at 7 and 9ns. This will give me 295Mhz 2.5-4-3-7 prime stable, but that's the best I can get out of the Expert. 300Mhz is in some benchmarks stable, but not prime95 stable.

RGone at least keeps saying this board clocks higher than any previous DFI NF4 board ;)

expert has compatibility problem with tccd, venus improve tccd performance...
but is venus better then old sli-dr ?

#1177330 Dfi Sli-dr Venus

Posted by zungkono on 22 February 2006 - 08:57 AM in OCC Market Place

Taken from windwithme.

Venus really solves some previous issues. Bringing the OC surprise again.

Fine gift box and 1000 limited output globally. Maybe will be hard to buy it...

Advantage
1. 100% Aluminum Capacitors
2.PCI-E wider slots, better for SLI cards heat
3.Fine Box
4.DFI traditional BIOS high voltage
5.6 USB in real panel
6.Improve EXPERT weakness in TCCD and enhance UCCC

Weakness
1.High price
2.Not dual PCI-E 16X(3D performance are similar at the moment with dual PCI-E 8X)
3.RAID with SATAI 3114(nF4 built in SATAII RAID)

Yo case
sent you a pm

Improve expert weakness in tccd, how about this board compare with old sli-dr ?

#1177315 Dfi Sli-dr Venus

Posted by zungkono on 22 February 2006 - 08:45 AM in OCC Market Place

dear friend, I have DFI Expert board, but it looks don't like tccd,
so I decide to buy DFI venus...
Anyone know about this board? is it good for tccd?
how about it compare to DFI sli-dr (the old one,not expert version) ?

#1177301 chipset 50C on idle... vantec iceberq4... weird

Posted by zungkono on 22 February 2006 - 08:35 AM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

hey guys,
i'm never particular about my temperature until recently i started taking a look at smartguardian. i realised my chipset is running at 49-50C on idle!!!

few mths back i changed the chipset fan as it died. got a vantec iceberq4 because the evercool was out of stock. i installed it quite lousily, for one because the 2nd plastic pin didn't go in completely (however, from how i see it, the heatsink is sitting on the chip properly, just that the 2nd clip can't fully clip behind the board). 2ndly, i didn't use AS5, just the TC that came with the vantec.

i don't think 50C on idle is NORMAL at all right? so what can the matter be? i just ordered the AS5... so definately i'm going to try refit the fan again. anyone with links to how to fit a vantec iceberq4 properly? mine definately had fitting problems...

can there be any reason why the temp is so high? the cpu is at 38C and the other temp figure is 48C... room temp is about 27C. chipset fan running at 5000+rpm (max) and CPU fan is running at 4000+rpm.

thanks...

I also used vantec iceberq4, temp load 41-42c...
for cpu , I prefer using vantec's paste then AS5, in my mine vantec cooler then AS5, now I'm trying Geil...

#1165928 SLI-DR Expert- List of incompatibilities?

Posted by zungkono on 11 February 2006 - 07:45 AM in OCC Market Place

here's the psu's that work on Expert boards for me:

OCZ Powerstream 600w (its in my main rig, Expert NF4, used heavily daily)

Enermax 600w Whisper

Skyhawk 520w, 570w (see top sticky in this section)

OCZ Powerstream 520w

how about enermax coolergiant 600w ?

#1164684 Which BIOS that fixed temp error in Expert

Posted by zungkono on 10 February 2006 - 04:03 AM in OCC Market Place

dear friend, which bios for expert that can fixed the temp problem?
I never flash my bios (still 211 official bios)
there is difference temp reading between my expert and ultra-d

#1100060 DFI SLI-D Serious POST issues

Posted by zungkono on 12 December 2005 - 10:16 PM in Overclocking and Cooling

Hi my system started having a serious issue with booting all of a sudden yesterday, it has been running my OCZ Gold vx 3200 1:1 with the AMD 3700 SD CPU for months with no problems, untill i developed this problem yesterday. The CPU was at 237MHz x11 multi, the ram was at 2.2.2.5-2T as i have 4 sticks. Now when i try booting all i get is the Beep....Beep... and the lights alternate between 3 or 2 or 1 depending on each boot. My pc boots fine with some old 2100 ddr i have. Any ideas on this issue, currently my ram is useless. (i have tested them and they are working fine just not on my pc anymore). I have the 702-2BTA bios.

I experience the same problem with you here : http://www.dfi-stree...ead.php?t=34075

you got problem because your comp don't work with your DRAM setting (you change your setting to 2-2-2-5).
try to plug only one ram(DIMM2), then you can enter BIOS.
this is very strange happened to SLI-D/DR EXPERT, I never have this problem with my ULTRA-D.
If I use wrong DRAM setting, just hang, but after I restart it will POST then I still can enter BIOS.

#1100049 Ultra-D Problems

Posted by zungkono on 12 December 2005 - 10:03 PM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

Here is the way to read the Diagnostic LEDs.

4 LEDs on = Power applied
3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK
2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK
1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK
0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

As long as you are in the BIOS including running memtest from the BIOS option, there will be one LED on.

If you are getting 3 LEDs on, it means the rig is having trouble detecting the RAM.

I always got 3 leds on when I used ULTRA-D & twinmos SP after clear CMOS(switching from 4v jp to 3.2v jp).
And now with NF4 EXPERT & twinmos SP, I got 3 leds on too if I use setting that ram can't work(for example @250 2-2-2-5 1T 3.2v).
Usually I put off the second ram(DIMM4) then restart. And it work but take time cause it's hard to plug in the ram again (I use XP-120) .

Can you give me solution how to get it work again? without put off the second ram(DIMM4)

#1099946 DFI NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT ram's setting and problem

Posted by zungkono on 12 December 2005 - 08:03 PM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

Dear all,
I got problem using this new motherboard, when I used the wrong setting(RAM) my comp won't POST(STUCK & 3 leds lights, the screen blank) so I can't enter BIOS. Finally I had to clear CMOS--> tried to restart-->still didn't POST-->put off the second ram(in DIMM4)-->restart again-->POST-->load opt default on BIOS&save-->then I can shutdown and plug in the second ram again-->normal boot to windows(dual ch).

This way is too long and because I use XP-120, it's very hard to put the second ram off. Can anyone suggest me a better way-out without putting off the second ram?

When I used memtest(test#5 for 2-3 hours), my ram tested in DDR500 there is a strange happened to me;
my ram twinmos speed premium utt ch-5 (p/n : AA4T) pc3200 2x256MB
I set htt muti x3, mem divider200(1:1), 2-2-2-5 1T 3.33v
if I use cpu multi x7 so many errors found
but if I set cpu multi x10 no error found
Anyone here have an experience like me?

Please give me a solution.
Also anyone know the good setting for utt ch-5 in DFI NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT?
THANKS.

#1097197 Can't POST after change jumper DRAM

Posted by zungkono on 09 December 2005 - 05:55 PM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

Did you clear cmos? That usually solves a lot of problems. :)

I have cleared CMOS twice, anyway thanks for your advice, I have solved it by unplug the memory (and plug it again).

#1097159 Can't POST after change jumper DRAM

Posted by zungkono on 09 December 2005 - 05:19 PM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

dear all, I just have changed the jumper to 4v but I forgot to set CPU voltage from auto, then my comp can't post, how to fix it,
please help me...

thanks

#1096938 Need help Memtest pass, but coudn't load windows

Posted by zungkono on 09 December 2005 - 01:03 PM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

Memtest each module and see what happens.
Do not use more than 2.8v.

If you get errors contact crucial and ask for a replacement.

Then when you new modules arrive do not go over 2.6v and see what happens.

each module works fine, memtest @2.7v pass all test for 5 passes.

my new modules (twinmos speed premium pc3200 2x256MB AA4T) pair with my A64 3200 and dfi ultra-d R.AD0 works fine @200 2.5-3-3-8 1T 2.6v

so the problem is crucial ballistix, thah only works @stock speed/DDR400 @2.8v(minimal).
Is this because of the heat? I mean, if I touch the spreader feel warm but hot inside them?