Overclocker16's Content

There have been 12 items by Overclocker16 (Search limited from 20-March 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2143267 Help with VBA in Excel

Posted by Overclocker16 on 03 July 2015 - 07:06 PM in Software

Hey guys, long time since I've been here.

So here's the thing, trying to build a Quiz in Excel, the questions populate randomly in Column C, and the mulitple choice answers in Column E, G, I and K.  In Column O, there is a drop down menu for answer choices (A, B, C or D).  Currently in Column Q is where the answers to the randomly populated questions show up.  This all works but would have to be manually graded.  What I'm trying to figure out is the VBA code to match Column O to Column Q.

Ex.

Choose ' A ' for your answer, the correct Answer is ' A '.  After all questions are answered, click the Score button and it will highlight the correct answers green and the wrong answers red.

So, if column O = column Q, highlight green.  If column O doesn't equal column Q, highlight red.  But only from being able to click the score button.

Thanks.

Edit:

Got it all figured out after a little help.  So no need to have this thread anymore.

#2131092 Hey guys long time no see

Posted by Overclocker16 on 24 October 2014 - 04:35 AM in OCC Member's Lounge

Yup were still here lol. Tablets, phablets, and phones haven't taken over yet either.

That's a surprise.

#2064872 First 5 members of OCC according to db

Posted by Overclocker16 on 02 December 2012 - 12:44 PM in OCC Member's Lounge

The dreaded delete button haha

#2063428 The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

Posted by Overclocker16 on 24 November 2012 - 08:26 PM in OCC Member's Lounge

Why not a glock? :P I like them quite well. They feel good in my hand, and I've heard nothing but good things.

IMO the Glock 17 and 19 are too wide. If you got bigger hands I can see how it would fit better. But I tried out numerous handguns today and settled on a Springfield xD 9mm. Went with the 9mm because it'll be easier for my wife. But the 9mm and .45 ACP fit in my hands perfect and I'd say it'd be worth checking them out before just going with the Glock, just to be sure that's what you want.

So, my new purchase was a xD 9mm. Thought about the .40 or .45 but, they didn't have a .40 to play with and didn't want to just figure it'd be the same size. .45 I wanted, but I figured to start off for the wife a 9mm would be best.

Also, the Glock felt cheap in my hands compared to the xD. The other guys I was with noticed the same thing. Could just be us though.

#2063056 GB Z77x-UD5H Freezing

Posted by Overclocker16 on 21 November 2012 - 10:03 PM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

It might be worth trying Windows 7 to rule out 8 being the issue.

Well figured it out guys. The PCI wireless card causes a crash and I'm pretty sure 1 stick of RAM is bad. 1 stick in slot 1 without the without the wireless card in, the system works perfect. He's been playing games having a blast finally playing at the highest detail. Looks like I gotta go through newegg and send back the wireless card (which I figured out there will be enough room, probably just get a 1x PCIE wireless card) and a set of new RAM should make the system work great.

So, bad RAM with bad wireless card makes a big change in things.

I'll update after the new stuff comes in when we can get with Newegg to swap out the parts.

Also, I cleared CMOS and set optimized defaults, base clock to 101.00 and mem voltage to 1.550v. Haven't tried to back off those yet to see if it still works without the bad RAM and wireless NIC, but it's stable and going great now.

#2062900 GB Z77x-UD5H Freezing

Posted by Overclocker16 on 21 November 2012 - 06:18 AM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

What cooling are you using on the CPU?

Just stock. I would figure RAM or PSU if it would crash any time. But it only freezes within Windows 8 as far as I can tell. Installed Win8 with no problems, but once inside windows, IE froze almost immediately. Reboot and it lasts for about another minute if we're lucky.

As far as BSOD's, there have been plenty with Windows8. Not generally enough time before it reboots, but it's usually something about File System and a couple other ones. Googling pretty much says to reinstall Windows, which is where I have been but when it reboots the first time after installing, it comes up with an error about installation and to install Windows I have to reboot, hit OK and it's a never ending loop.

#2062837 GB Z77x-UD5H Freezing

Posted by Overclocker16 on 20 November 2012 - 06:40 PM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

Just built a system for my buddy:

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel Core i5-3570K
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7950
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2x4gb)
PC P&C Silencer Mk II 750w
Windows 8

There is a 1gb Seagate hdd as well. Nothing major otherwise, the normal keyboard / mouse etc.

However, we are having an issue where windows will boot but within a few seconds to a couple minutes it will freeze. I have been up and down google for the last 2 days trying things it says, but nothing is working. BIOS version is F14, which came with it and as far as I can tell is the latest version.

I have been trying to install the drivers off the Gigabyte disk, however the system usually doesn't stay on long enough to allow me to install anything. I have gotten a few, but it quickly freezed and had to force reboot it.

Is there anything that anyone knows how to get this thing fixed? I'd rather not have to tell him we have to send the motherboard back and get a new / different one. But if that is what needs to be done, we will.

Also, I have taken out the video card and ran just on board graphics, no change to anything. RAM I have tried 1 stick, different slots, etc. Removed everything except cd rom, hdd and mobo + cpu / ram. Nothing seems to clear anything.

#2044177 The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

Posted by Overclocker16 on 15 August 2012 - 01:57 PM in OCC Member's Lounge

Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition quad core with 1080P resolution. Discount code for $150 off, plus there's a special for $135 or so off, already.

You can get the dual core one for around $750 after the discount code.

I no longer game much when travelling, so it's a good light-weight budget laptop for multimedia and light work.

Thought about getting that one. But didn't justify the $180 more. I got the Inspiron new 15r.

#2043572 Microsoft Office

Posted by Overclocker16 on 12 August 2012 - 12:18 PM in OS: Microsoft

Some places have the HUP available. We have it available to us in the Air Force, maybe you can to. All you have to do is either get your code or put in your email and see if the allow that email.
http://www.microsoft...x?culture=en-US

Probably use your .edu or something email address.

#2041792 The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

Posted by Overclocker16 on 01 August 2012 - 03:26 PM in OCC Member's Lounge

My new Dell Inspiron 15r with core i5 3210. $577 after tax was added in with free 2 day shipping.

#2040639 Career Ideas

Posted by Overclocker16 on 26 July 2012 - 02:37 PM in OCC Member's Lounge

No, it was just arthritis. The year I mention is short hand for all the benefits that would really be useful to me: Most importantly the GI Bill. They deduct a small payment every month of $100, after 12 months you've been deducted $1,200 and you're eligible for the full assistance the GI Bill offers. There are limited benefits I could receive, but it's simply not something that would be of any use to me, as an individual.
-Edit: not to mention when you've served a year, with enlistment choices of 2-6 years at a time.. Employers want to know why: And when it comes to hiring a 23 year old professional; Bias is built into just about any employer, as I'll admit most 23 year olds are complete morons.

Aside from that the VA and other veteran's benefits would function (to my benefit anyways) no different than a local career link. And since it's not resume writing or posting that I'm lacking: I'd be receiving nothing of use from it. My actual issue is job placement: I am actually looking at entry level, but have been having no luck. Either there's no one hiring, or as Long John Silver's told me: I'm over-qualified and they're not risking hiring me for me to leave 6 months later.. Yes: I did apply there. Which is why i'm looking for a semi-skilled career again- while I'm also still applying to entry level jobs... but not holding much hope: I'm stuck right between two levels of work.. And it seems neither one wants me: Either not professional enough, or too professional.. Hence looking for something I can say I have a particular skill in: Give the employer something specific to consider hiring me upon.

I know about the GI Bill, I'm in the Air Force, about 5 years now.

What did you do in the Army? Look at becoming a Police Officer? Correctional Officer? What interests you?
With the GI bill, you get as many months as you were Active Duty because you were separated with a medical condition. Definitely call the VA or another education center to verify that. But it is possible you can get almost a year worth of school for free which would help you out.

-edit-
Also, I know about the serving less than a year thing. Try 5 weeks and having to explain that one. It all works out and there are waivers for everything. But in the end, since you are out it's worth looking into the GI Bill benefits. Just because you served less than a year doesn't mean you are completely out of benefits.

-edit #2-
Did you sign up for Selected Reserve status if that was part of your discharge? That could gain you the maximum 36 months if you did.

#2040406 Career Ideas

Posted by Overclocker16 on 25 July 2012 - 06:22 PM in OCC Member's Lounge

Isn't it like 180 days active duty or something to be considered a veteran? I think the only disqualifier would be a dishonorable discharge. Since you served 11.5 you're well over the time.

Yes, it is 180 days and you can go through the VA to get whatever you need fixed. Just bring your DD214 and have the VA get on it to fix it. Unless you did something wrong...