IVIYTH0S's Content

There have been 1000 items by IVIYTH0S (Search limited from 24-March 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2157717 need help with overclocking

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 10 December 2016 - 02:27 PM in Overclocking and Cooling

Some strict gamers that overclock disable HT all the time.  That's a lot different than disabling AVX though.

but then why buy an i7 when they'd just revert it to an i5 :lol:

#2157638 Mass Effect: Andromeda

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 04 December 2016 - 01:06 PM in Gaming

I want to but I refuse to watch trailers for this lol. Just let me know if it's good (I know it's good :D )

#2157637 Looking for new keyboard suggestion

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 04 December 2016 - 12:58 PM in Miscellaneous Hardware

My Tarantula finally died on me a couple months back and luckily I had the Sentey Phoenix I bought from BluePanda on here as a backup and it's actually not bad for a budget membrane board (which admittedly the Tarantula was membrane as well and I loved that) but I think my next board will be a mechanical board with brown switches. From my research, they seem to have the most sensible but still noticeable feedback.

If you don't know what switch style you like most, I know they sell little sample trays with each corresponding switch so you can demo them. I may pick one up one day, but this little budget board has more than satisfied me!

#2157636 need help with overclocking

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 04 December 2016 - 12:50 PM in Overclocking and Cooling

Overview of the Intel Advanced Vector Extensions, https://software.int...ctor-extensions.

Personally I would not disable or mess with AVX to possibly get a higher overclock,.. the instability hit would not be worth the small gain.  http://overclocking....-with-prime-95/

:withstupid: I remember disabling HT on my old 920 for a slightly higher overclock and just felt dirty inside lol

#2157635 Hello all..

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 04 December 2016 - 12:46 PM in OCC Member's Lounge

Welcome back IVI!

Thanks! :)

For an htpc don't even bother, unless you change resolution

Lol yeah, the little APU is still doing more than adequate. Thanks for an added voice of reason!

Good to see you IVI...

You too!

Enough to get me to post...

IVI :wave:

You honor me! Thanks :D

a half post... :wave:

A half thank you :lol:

Optional post :teehee:

:yucky:

Hello Mythos. Hello everyone else.

I've been gone for a long time again, this time due to work. Just popping in to say hello myself, and to see if any of the older crew is still active (2004-2008ish). Good to see new names in the forums, though. Unfortunately for me, funding for the department I was working for was cut, and my job was the first to go. Now I'm not so busy, except that I now have to find a new job. I just hope it won't take months like it did last time.

I still can't believe that Verran passed away. I lost three family members in the last few years, then I get reminded of that again when I read that post. The s**t about it, and the part that I hate, is that two of them were taken by cancer, while another family member is in remission. WTF, cancer? Well, while I can't start folding again due to loss of income, hopefully soon I'll be able to rejoin the folding team. Those guys at Stanford have some work ahead of them.

I'll see you guys on the flip-side.

Hey there!
I'm sorry about all the bad luck and your losses, but you still have your family here until things pick up! I'm gonna try and fit some more OCC into my life as best I can. I feel like my OT factory of a new job may get a little more manageable since we have new hires in my department that should help lessen the responsibilities placed upon me and my friends there.

#2157560 Not a noob, but not exactly mod-savvy

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 27 November 2016 - 07:44 PM in OCC n00bs

Welcome to OCC!

That E-machines proprietary motherboard is most certainly limiting you from al ot of advanced controls and tweaks for your hardware. If you're truly looking to unlock that chip then you'll probably want to find a cheap aftermarket socket am3+ board that will more than likely enable you to do what you're seeking IF that athlon is indeed stable when the two other cores/extra cache are unlocked....Unless there's an unofficial bios you could flash that'd enable these features and others, and this isn't a computer you care about then for the sake of science DO IT!

#2157559 Hello all..

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 27 November 2016 - 07:25 PM in OCC Member's Lounge

I haven't been following the new releases, but really a 970 to a 1060?  In previous releases wouldn't that be pretty much an even swap?

My 970 is still doing good too, I've been able to resist the upgrade urges.  I hope to hold out for the 1180 or something like that in the future and re-purpose this 970 to my work pc.  

I'm holding off on upgrading too.  From what I've read the performance increase isn't very impressive even for me with 780s.

Thanks for helping me rethink the silliness that would be "upgrading", the 1060 is a little better for most games but I haven't honestly had any slowdowns with this card, even at 2560x1600 for what I've played thus far...

Random note, I just bought DmC by mistake for the second time, which I have no idea how that happened. I feel like a moron :lol:

#2157548 Hello all..

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 27 November 2016 - 11:05 AM in OCC Member's Lounge

Who are you again? :P

Who indeed?! :O

Was wondering what became of you, good to have you back. Yup, work can really change a person's lifestyle. As far as your video card upgrade I installed a 1060 for a friend today, great card but not really worth the upgrade from your 970, pretty well the same performance. Now maybe the 1070 might be worth it ?

Thanks!
Yeah I was just hoping to upgrade before the 970 lost too much value as more and more people learn how gimped it is. It's still a great card and I am not playing anything yet to give it trouble but the 1060s look amazing and naturally the 1070s do as well. I probably will just stick with my card until something actually pushes it TBH.

#2157537 Hello all..

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 26 November 2016 - 09:13 PM in OCC Member's Lounge

...it's been awhile since I've popped in and said hello!

I've lurked here and there but my new job has kept me busy so I haven't been on and posting in months.

I'll probably open a thread or two about POSSIBLY getting a new video card and POSSIBLY upgrading my HTPC...it'd be better if you all just talk me out of it truthfully since both of my machines serve their functions just fine. I'd be merely upgrading my video card out of saltiness. (970-->1060 or 1070)

For my HTPC I may just end up replacing my wireless mouse/keyboard for the time being since the rest is honestly been fine and I'm just looking for things to spend money on but SO FAR have been able to contain myself because I'm hard to let go of things that still work well :lol:

#2156276 How to make Win10 feeling like Win7?

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 03 September 2016 - 07:47 PM in OS: Microsoft

Classic Shell is the biggest improvement, but yeah there should be many guides like the ones listed above.

#2156137 cell phone traders

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 26 August 2016 - 07:32 AM in OCC Member's Lounge

I use swappa.com

This!

#2156065 Samsung s6 edge vs note7

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 23 August 2016 - 08:38 AM in OCC Member's Lounge

The note7 has an sd card slot doesn't it, that's a huge bonus over the Ssux alone. I don't even view the S6s as worthy of the S-series name, they're glorified android running iphones

#2155899 Are some brands/manufacturers better quality than others?

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 14 August 2016 - 12:27 PM in System Builds

Like Nyt_Ryda said read reviews of products before you purchase them, actually read the reviews because I have seen a products on Newegg and Amazon with a 3 out of 5 rating and 90% of the bad reviews were from people giving the products bad reviews because of their own stupidity. Browse forums and see if people are having issues with said product and what kind of issues they are having.

Golden advice, screw e-tailer reviews. But some Amazon reviews are pretty nicely detailed with pics and all

#2155893 free e8400 cpu

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 13 August 2016 - 06:40 PM in OCC Market Place

PM'd

#2155892 WTS x58 MB W/ i7960 and 12gig ram

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 13 August 2016 - 06:37 PM in OCC Market Place

PM'd

#2155882 Are some brands/manufacturers better quality than others?

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 13 August 2016 - 05:14 AM in System Builds

I agree with HBC, some manufacturers almost can't make anything but quality while others will have it come and go. It's hard to quantify which makes which because everyone has bad eggs once in a while and many people hold grudges way too much, while others are far too loyal to one brand. You have to be willing to try anything, you sometimes may be surprised the kind of value/quality you can get from certain brands

#2155875 Zen data leaked

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 12 August 2016 - 11:13 AM in Processors, Motherboards and Memory

Please deliver!

#2155873 Chrome Begins Plan to Phase Out Flash

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 12 August 2016 - 10:37 AM in OCC Front Page News

And then be screwed for the sites that still use it. NOPE! 

#2155872 Pokemon GO, Anyone?

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 12 August 2016 - 10:32 AM in Gaming

I've found it's all about having the best moves and CP for winning battles. I've been very successful with cherry picked pokemon with the best moves. Even my weaker pokemon with good moves dominate much "stronger" pokemon with higher CP. 

#2155871 [Wanted] 2x2GB 1066 DDR2 Sticks

Posted by IVIYTH0S on 12 August 2016 - 10:26 AM in OCC Market Place

Thanks guys, my friend was able to stabilize two 1 GB sticks which nets him 6GB total but I'll see if he'll go for the extra 2GB sticks so that he can round out at 8GB.